Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Premium and plus cards

tag
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

Southwest Premium and plus cards

I was approved for 3 cards -citi executive, CSP and US airway in late May. Recently, I received an  referral email from Southwest for  their  premier card with 50,000 points after a spend. That referral expires 8/17. I was also given another referral for the SW plus card  with 50,000 bonus points after a spend.  That referral expires 9/30. I would like to apply for both  cards(SWt premier and plus) to get the points and the companion passes, however my referral expires 7 days short of 3 months.  I am thinking that my improval chances increases after 3 months since opening of the last Chase card. So the question I am asking-should I  apply for 1 in Aug or wait and apply for both in Sept. My fico score is high 700's with low utilizations. TIA.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Southwest Premium and plus cards

if your score is high 700's apply for both when ever you like, the first one you get will most likely have the highest starting CL, but with a score that high the second card's CL wont be effected much. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 17
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

I would love to get that offer!

Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ramblinggirl wrote:

I was approved for 3 cards -citi executive, CSP and US airway in late May. Recently, I received an  referral email from Southwest for  their  premier card with 50,000 points after a spend. That referral expires 8/17. I was also given another referral for the SW plus card  with 50,000 bonus points after a spend.  That referral expires 9/30. I would like to apply for both  cards(SWt premier and plus) to get the points and the companion passes, however my referral expires 7 days short of 3 months.  I am thinking that my improval chances increases after 3 months since opening of the last Chase card. So the question I am asking-should I  apply for 1 in Aug or wait and apply for both in Sept. My fico score is high 700's with low utilizations. TIA.

I'm not sure youll get both bonuses with Chase's policy on one per card.  You might get lucky but their T&C's state they no longer are giving multipe bonuses with the same product.

Message 4 of 17
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for reply. I will have to check if the SW premier and the plus cards are considered the same cards.

@09Lexie wrote:

@ramblinggirl wrote:

I'm not sure youll get both bonuses with Chase's policy on one per card.  You might get lucky but their T&C's state they no longer are giving multipe bonuses with the same product.

Message 5 of 17
KAISMOM
Contributor

I have the regular card looking to accrue another 50000 one for the companion pass. Would the premier and the plus count?

I have the regular plus $69 yearly SW card and I'm currently looking for the business offer for 50k. There's a link floating around for the premiere one till September 14th.

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 6 of 17
audia4
Established Contributor

We fly with SW about 4-6 times a year and every time that I go on to book a flight, this offer comes up. Am I missing something since everyone is talking about receiving the offer and it expiring? It's always there for me when I log in. Smiley Indifferent

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 7 of 17
thehogsters
Valued Member

You can get the bonus with both. Every mileage blogger got a companion pass that way. Goggle and you will see. I got the premiere I'm June and going for the plus in a few weeks.
Message 8 of 17
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

The credit card offers  that i have are for the 50,000 points-not sure if the offer online is the same or 25,000. Maybe if its targeted the bonus points are more. I will go to the website to check.

Message 9 of 17
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@thehogsters wrote:
You can get the bonus with both. Every mileage blogger got a companion pass that way. Goggle and you will see. I got the premiere I'm June and going for the plus in a few weeks.

I do want the bonus points but I am more concerned about applying for both at the same time and more so -should i wait until after the 3 month period to increase my chance of approval. I know Chase can be a little funny about approval at times.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.