Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest approved, 50k bonus, $99 annual fee

tag
virtuoso1980
Established Member

Southwest approved, 50k bonus, $99 annual fee

I recently moved and have Midway now as my closest airport, so I thought about applying for the Southwest card. They have the 50,000 points bonus right now and I wanted a Visa signature card, plus I was bored so I thought why not. Lol. Instant approval for CL of 16,500! Omg, last month my highest was 5k with my chase freedom and Amex BCE (upped to 10k about 2 weeks ago). I'm guessing I'm getting the signature card now. Woo!

My EQ fico is 691 and CK TU is about the same. 18% credit usage but no baddies. Just got a 5k Sears card last month, and I have a ton of other cards: Macys, Amex BCE (10k) and platinum delta (2k, thinking of closing this), BOA visa (5k), Barclays apple (2.5k), Freedom (5k), and Citi dividend MC (4.5k). I also have an auto loan. Credit history started about 3 years ago, AAoA around 1 year.

Question, should I close the other cards? I know they're not hurting me, except for the amex delta platinum fees but i get a companion ticket for that, so I think it pays for itself. Are other people here stressed by just the number of cards they have open?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Southwest approved, 50k bonus, $99 annual fee

If they have no AF keep them, if they do axe them if you have no need for them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval, I have the SW preferred too! Living close to  Midway was a huge factor in me wanting the card. The points do add up fast....enjoy!!!

Message 3 of 5
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Congrats nice limit!

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 4 of 5
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I applied last week and am still waiting for approval. I hope it get this card as I fly pretty often!

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.