Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking of American Express

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Speaking of American Express

@fused wrote:
smallfry, do you have any sizable CLs...5K or more?

Navy 40K

Penfed 30K

CITI 15K

Barclays/Juniper 13K

Chase 5K
Message 11 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You have two true prime CCCs on your CRs in CITI and Chase...and one of them has a 15K CL. If you app, call them...you might need to do a little ladder-climbing to get a real decison-maker.
Message 12 of 16
SandyL100
Established Member

Cheddar,

Good to know...... I was about to complete an app for an AMEX... My BK is over 8 years old....  My AMEX was closed long before the BK....

I will wait until the BK is gone......2years 9 months.....

Thank you!

Sandy

2011 - Starting Score: 706
Current Score: TransUnion 732 (2/22) EquifaX 711 (2/22)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Wow Smallfry, a 40K limit??? Geezus. I didn't know credit card limits go that high. I always thought the highest was $25k unless it was a business card. That's nuts!!! I'd love to get a limit that high, hahaha. You must make a ton of money though!!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 14 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Wow Smallfry, a 40K limit??? Geezus. I didn't know credit card limits go that high. I always thought the highest was $25k unless it was a business card. That's nuts!!! I'd love to get a limit that high, hahaha. You must make a ton of money though!!

It was 50K but i cheated. Combined two lines into 1. AMEX did deny me back in '08 with the BK but once the BK dropped I apped and got the Blue Cash back in April this year. Approved for 10K CLI online after 6 months once the button appeared. Only asked for 5 more to 15K. You can now see pending charges online at AMEX which is nice. Of my 5 cards only Navy and AMEx have this feature. Not a biggie really as you can get this with a 300 dollar Orchard too. LOL.

Message 15 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Holy cow, a thread with Cheddar on it! Smiley Surprised  May 2008...

Anyway, good work, smallfry. You gotta love Navy!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.