Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking of American Express

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Speaking of American Express

I got the application bug again. Smiley Happy I was denied last May for a BK7 which at the time was 7 years old it is now 8. Debating whether to try again. I don't really mind the inquiries that much since I don't have any interest in applying to any other issuers. Rather than risk a very low limit credit card I was thinking about a no preset charge like the Gold. Think I'm wasting my time? TU 717 EQ 706 EX 707. No new accounts last 7 months. Utilization under 2% DTI around 2%. Think I get knocked down again for the BK?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speaking of American Express

What were your scores last year when you were denied?
Message 2 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

682 682 674
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
I got the application bug again. Smiley Happy I was denied last May for a BK7 which at the time was 7 years old it is now 8. Debating whether to try again. I don't really mind the inquiries that much since I don't have any interest in applying to any other issuers. Rather than risk a very low limit credit card I was thinking about a no preset charge like the Gold. Think I'm wasting my time? TU 717 EQ 706 EX 707. No new accounts last 7 months. Utilization under 2% DTI around 2%. Think I get knocked down again for the BK?

Was AMEX IIB? If so, I wouldn't waste the INQ.
Message 4 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

No AMEX was not included in the BK. So what do ya think? Last time they pulled all three credit reports on me. TU and EQ aren't a problem. EX sticks but I don't plan on any other issuers so I was wondering whether i should pull the trigger on a charge card not wanting to risk a very low limit credit card. Any old BK's getting approved with AMEX lately?
Message 5 of 16
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

AMEX isn't BK friendly
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 6 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Does a BK ever drop from a CR?

What exactly does it mean when a BK is discharged?

I always see people refer to this, but never quite clear on it.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
Any old BK's getting approved with AMEX lately?

They will deny if the BK is reporting, regardless of how old it is.

Message 8 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

BK7 drops 10 years after the filing date.
Message 9 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry, do you have any sizable CLs...5K or more?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.