Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking of Black Card!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Speaking of Black Card!

Someone just used a CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED CARD in my store. ULTRA PRETTY. Black with Shiny silver lettering.

Looked way exclusive. sorry im easily impressed with credit cards.

This hard to get, special in any way?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speaking of Black Card!

Nope, not special at all.  I agree with you that it's an attractive card, but it's actually one of the easier Citi cards to be approved for.

Message 2 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I will vouch for how cool it looks though.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, not doubting you at all, but when in the FICO card selector, how is the card so easy to be approved for when it only falls under the excellent FICO score category? Are they more lenient then what it actually says?
Message 4 of 11
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Moving forward, all of their Diamond Preferred cards are black with a few enhanced benefits. The card isn't easy to get, but may be easier than other Citi cards. It's a great card to get and is a prime card/company.
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nmbr1ballr wrote:
Are they more lenient then what it actually says?

Yes.  www.whogavemecredit.com shows approvals in the mid-600s.  A different resource shows about 40 approvals and 2 denials in the last 12 months, with approvals going as low as the 620s.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Are they more lenient then what it actually says?

Yes. www.whogavemecredit.com shows approvals in the mid-600s. A different resource shows about 40 approvals and 2 denials in the last 12 months, with approvals going as low as the 620s.

Ah, nice site. Didn't know about that.
Message 7 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

The DP card does look cool. I don't know what's hard or easy to get. I have been approved for Platinum Select, DP and the Citi Pro. I think the Premier Pass might actually be easier to get but it doesn't report limits and if you wanted to do the combine and close thing down the road I have heard there is some resistance of late to that activity for some people. Citi is a very attractive issuer with their card lineup, the pay passes and virtual account numbers for online purchases. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its funny, ever since I have been on this site I actually know what sort of credit card tier people's cards fall into and I never make comments but I have little chuckles in my head.
Message 9 of 11
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Nmbr1ballr wrote:
Just curious, not doubting you at all, but when in the FICO card selector, how is the card so easy to be approved for when it only falls under the excellent FICO score category? Are they more lenient then what it actually says?

I've got one and take a look at my scores.  Although I have high income, I don't have the best scores due to high utilization.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.