Speaking of lost/stolen credit cards

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Speaking of lost/stolen credit cards

@injustifiiable wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

oh yeah, forgot to ask this part:

the original, now closed (due to lost/stolen) is still reporting "secured" since the account issued happened prior to my account graduating - will "secured" look bad? Should I now ask to get it removed? If the "secured" tag causes more damage to my overall profile than the AAoA is helping, it's kind of a no brainer right?

Don't think the "secured" tag means much from a FICO perspective. MIght raise questions during manual review, and at that point you can always explain what the deal was.

This ^^.  It means exactly zero from a FICO perspective.  It's not a big deal in underwriting either, BOFA cards are well known for graduating... nobody experienced is going to look at my report and mistake my BOFA tradeline for anything other than a secured card which graduated.

        
Message 11 of 14
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

This also happened to me with my BofA card. BofA had a security leak so they closed the old account and opened a new one (backdated). Both of them report and it's been a few years since this happened. Lucky for me, it's my oldest tradeline. Smiley Very Happy

ETA: I just checked. Both show up on EQ but the "Lost/Stolen" one doesn't show up on EX. Hm.

Message 12 of 14
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

thank you for all of the replies!

The reason I asked was mostly becuase I have read posts praising the "secured" cards that don't report as a "secured" and was curious if that was just a personal

preference or if I was harming my credit profile with it sitting there.

Message 13 of 14
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

thank you for all of the replies!

The reason I asked was mostly becuase I have read posts praising the "secured" cards that don't report as a "secured" and was curious if that was just a personal

preference or if I was harming my credit profile with it sitting there.

Definitely a personal preference....

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.