Revelate

Re: Speaking of lost/stolen credit cards

injustifiiable wrote:

QAMngrGirl wrote:

oh yeah, forgot to ask this part:

the original, now closed (due to lost/stolen) is still reporting "secured" since the account issued happened prior to my account graduating - will "secured" look bad? Should I now ask to get it removed? If the "secured" tag causes more damage to my overall profile than the AAoA is helping, it's kind of a no brainer right?

Don't think the "secured" tag means much from a FICO perspective. MIght raise questions during manual review, and at that point you can always explain what the deal was.

This ^^.  It means exactly zero from a FICO perspective.  It's not a big deal in underwriting either, BOFA cards are well known for graduating... nobody experienced is going to look at my report and mistake my BOFA tradeline for anything other than a secured card which graduated.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
flyingpenguin

[ Edited ]

This also happened to me with my BofA card. BofA had a security leak so they closed the old account and opened a new one (backdated). Both of them report and it's been a few years since this happened. Lucky for me, it's my oldest tradeline. :smileyvery-happy:

ETA: I just checked. Both show up on EQ but the "Lost/Stolen" one doesn't show up on EX. Hm.

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

thank you for all of the replies!

The reason I asked was mostly becuase I have read posts praising the "secured" cards that don't report as a "secured" and was curious if that was just a personal

preference or if I was harming my credit profile with it sitting there.

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

QAMngrGirl wrote:

thank you for all of the replies!

The reason I asked was mostly becuase I have read posts praising the "secured" cards that don't report as a "secured" and was curious if that was just a personal

preference or if I was harming my credit profile with it sitting there.

Definitely a personal preference....

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}