cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking of people getting AA'd, what about Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of people getting AA'd, what about Capital One?

Anyway, regarding AAs, I'm starting to believe that Cap One is the safest main stream CC company out there. Over my adult life I have had them, maxxed them out, gone over limit, gone late and even burned them in BK. Never at any point did I ever receive limit reductions, closure or any form of AA. Those bad events happened years ago, prior to my BK. Since then I have found them to be a reliable and stable lender and probably the one company I don't have to lose any sleep over what they are going to do to my accounts. They've been there for me though reestablishment and have given me great lines of credit as I worked at it and proved myself to them again. I trust them more than Barclay's, Comenity, Sync and most others. They just don't seem to be as finicky.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Speaking of people getting AA'd, what about Capital One?

That seems to be the general consensus. Gotta love 'em (when they love you back) Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Not sure what you mean about a perceived dilemma in regards to worry. If you are responsible with your credit, then there will be no AA. Regardless of the "woe is me" stories told by some, AA simply does not happen without cause. Remember, you don't always get the full story in these forums.

I am glad capital one is working for you. I have never used them, but it seems peeps here like them.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually wrote a post yesterday about not getting AA by Barclays with 40-some inquiries since I got their cards and they just gave me CLI and a new Hawaiian card....

Message 4 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Capitalone is such a forgiving bank, in my opinion, they are the best at it lol so if they AA'd people, they would mess up their whole business logic. U pay them on time, they are perfectly happy. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

While CapOne may be less inclined to take AA, they are willing to do so at times.  There are posts on other forums where CapOne has closed out accouns due to 'bad' behavior by the card holder.

Message 6 of 9
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Anyone who believes they are safe from AA from any lender, including everyone's beloved Capital One, is only fooling themselves. I assure you that any business relationship that Capital One (or any bank) has with its customers is not unconditional; and any attachment is most certainly not being reciprocated in the manner one might be thinking. That's all that there really is to it. Believing any differently is just setting yourself up for disappointments later on. Having a Capital One card myself, I don't feel any 'safer' from AA from them than I do from any of my other lenders. 

Message 7 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think assuming that any lender is "least likely" to AA based on anecdotes from a forum can be dangerous. Any lender can take AA, and Capital One has certainly done its share. Google or search the forums. You'll see it.

Don't make yourself a risky customer and then you won't have to worry about AA. Problem solved. In the eyes of the bank, that means not 20 new accounts per month, not a ton of inquiries, huge util, etc. We all know this.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skinmatters, #teamHighInquiries for the win
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.