Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Questions about the Bank of America and Discover IT Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Specific Questions about the Bank of America and Discover IT Secured Card

Both Disc and BOA do allow additional deposits at any time. However, BOA will HP to add secured deposits, so best to do as much as possible at one shot. I added to my discover a month before its graduation (from 600-2k) they did look at credit (as the CSR said) but it was a SP to add funds.

Message 11 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Specific Questions about the Bank of America and Discover IT Secured Card

1) I had BofA secured, you can CLI at anytime, each time it will be HP.

If I have to start again, I'll get the card with $1,000 or more, use it, PIF before due date, after 5th statement extra deposit to make it $5,000 or more (you can go as high as $10,000). There is a big chance for auto-graduation at month 9. If you don't get graduation after 9th statement call and ask for one, latest reports say now is SP. Apply for other cards after month 9 (3-4 months report with 5k limit)

Check if you pre-qualify for Amex (check the site after your card is reporting 5k limit). Wait for a good offer (low APR, extra bonus) and get a card with no AF. The limit will grow fast.

Don't get store cards, or only 1 or 2 that you really use. DW JCP card grew from $400 to $6,500 in less than a year, is the only store card she has

2) BofA won't do this, you keep the same card

3) I haven't read a single post saying they have $1000 and graduated with $500. All stayed the same or got CLI at graduation.

Good luck

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.