Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifically regarding Discover Card

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Specifically regarding Discover Card

I'm not sure how good of a memory Discover has. These lates, are they like 6 or 7 years old? What is your current util on your CCs?
Message 11 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

... and your HHI is over 121K, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Just to butt in here, 'cos I'd been contemplating Discover (More) as a potential app in the not-so-immediate-future... where does the 121k come from? Is that the kind of HHI you should be looking at before daring to apply with Discover, or some kind of guideline income that's posted somewhere, or... something else? Our HHI is a shade over 80k (in Ohio, so neither incredibly high nor shockingly low for the state)... now wondering whether that might be some kind of immediate denial from Discover...?

Message Edited by fevmlo on 07-20-2008 09:43 PM
Message 12 of 56
fused
Moderator Emeritus

fevmlo wrote:

Just to butt in here, 'cos I'd been contemplating Discover (More) as a potential app in the not-so-immediate-future... where does the 121k come from? Is that the kind of HHI you should be looking at before daring to apply with Discover, or some kind of guideline income that's posted somewhere, or... something else? Our HHI is a shade over 80k (in Ohio, so neither incredibly high nor shockingly low for the state)... now wondering whether that might be some kind of immediate denial from Discover...?

I found out that with a very high FICO score and HHI above 121K, it's possible to get a very big CL with Discover. 80K HHI will not prevent you from getting a decent CL Discover More card...not at all.
Message 13 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I just completed my third cycle with the $10K PenFed card and my debt has gone down since I got it. Util is around 15%. The lates are 4 or 5 years old. The worst lates are on a Providian/WaMu account that I closed when they ratejacked me. I am working down a balance of about $1400 on that account. The other lates are on my other Providian/WaMu account which is pif. I also owe BofA $1500 on a 0% BT. Total revolving debt is about $2900. The lates are pretty irrelevent at this time. Just not invisible. If they were off my CBR's I would have real nice FICO's as opposed to decent FICO's.
Message 14 of 56
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jmbfl wrote:
I just completed my third cycle with the $10K PenFed card and my debt has gone down since I got it. Util is around 15%. The lates are 4 or 5 years old. The worst lates are on a Providian/WaMu account that I closed when they ratejacked me. I am working down a balance of about $1400 on that account. The other lates are on my other Providian/WaMu account which is pif. I also owe BofA $1500 on a 0% BT. Total revolving debt is about $2900. The lates are pretty irrelevent at this time. Just not invisible. If they were off my CBR's I would have real nice FICO's as opposed to decent FICO's.

Don't app! You have a closed CC account with a balance, Discover will not like this. I'm glad you mentioned this. Although Discover is not the credit stickler they once were, they still do have some of the most stringent underwriting amongst the major issuers.
Message 15 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found out that with a very high FICO score and HHI above 121K, it's possible to get a very big CL with Discover. 80K HHI will not prevent you from getting a decent CL Discover More card...not at all.

Thanks, Fused - for the super-quick response and the clarification! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

That would be my SO with the very high FICO's. High 700's, PFICO 800+ and post BR, too. No spectacular HHI to go with it, though. Just lowish debt. Nice balance sheet for her - high home equity. That's her deal thought - I have no piece of it.
Message 17 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

PenFed didn't care and they are no pushovers. The account with the balance is very current and it was closed by me because Providian/WaMu are thieves. Discover has been chasing me, too.
Message 18 of 56
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Hi jmbfl, heres the link for you or any members out there who is thinking about apping for

Discover More in the future

Get a $100 cash back bonus  when you're approved by these dates and make $500 in purchases

with your card within 3 months of being approved.

DARQ, $100 cash cack on first $250, expires 8/18/08
DASP, $100 cash back on first $500, expires 10/8/08
DAVJ, $100 cash back on first $500, expires 9/9/08
DAVW, $100 cash back on first $500, expires 10/20/08
Purchases must be in first three months
Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply don't be scared lol
Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.