Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifically regarding Discover Card

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Specifically regarding Discover Card

You are on the ball today, fused! Isn't that the best!

Chalk one up to the power of positive thinking! Now all I have to do is visualize myself being healthy!

Message Edited by jmbfl on 07-31-2008 12:32 PM
Message 31 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

No inquiry reporting through TC six hours after acceptance message.

The screen shot says congratulations/accepted, card mailed shortly. The email says allow 30 days for processing application. Both were generated immediately. I cannot imagine them telling me in any way that I was approved if I wasn't.

I'm wonder what the opening CL is going to be on this card...

Message 32 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will DHL your card. So, you should know very soon if you are able to get the mail. (DHL left mine outside on top of my trash can!! Good thing it didn't get tossed.)

Congrats!
Message 33 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Good info! How many days did it take to get the card? Also, was your approval automatic like mine and did they ask you for anything else in support of your app?
Message 34 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

TC still not reporting an inquiry...
Message 35 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:
Good info! How many days did it take to get the card? Also, was your approval automatic like mine and did they ask you for anything else in support of your app?

I got the 30 day message and they did need to go over some info and ask for ID documents.

I received my card within 2 days of the approval. Approved Monday card in hand early Wed morning. Service! Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I got an "approved" message from the web and a "30-day" message in an email. They both came at the same time. Did you apply from the internet or on the phone? If internet how did they contact you about the additional info?

I really think I am good on this and all I have to do is wait. The screen said "Your new Discover Card(s) will be mailed to you shortly at the address provided on your application." Presumptively they mean what they say!

The curious part is that no hard inquiry shows through TC. The only thing I can think of is that it was approved off the information from a soft and the hard will be generated when they issue the card.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 08-01-2008 09:53 AM
Message 37 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I stand very much corrected on the inquiry matter. I was going by the TC monitor - the little scan that occurs when you log into TC that is supposed to tell you if you have one of the tracked activities occur. It says nothing has happened. I just went in and updated my CR with TC and the details tell me I was harded on EX by Discover Financial Services on 31JUL. Now that I see the hard inquiry I am a little more relaxed about this!

BTW - I just noticed that their hard added employment information to my record that was not previously there. This is the first new employment information added to my CBR's in a very, very long time (10+ years).

stef - I like your bear!

Message Edited by jmbfl on 08-01-2008 10:13 AM
Message 38 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:
I stand very much corrected on the inquiry matter. I was going by the TC monitor - the little scan that occurs when you log into TC that is supposed to tell you if you have one of the tracked activities occur. It says nothing has happened. I just went in and updated my CR with TC and the details tell me I was harded on EX by Discover Financial Services on 31JUL. Now that I see the hard inquiry I am a little more relaxed about this!

BTW - I just noticed that their hard added employment information to my record that was not previously there. This is the first new employment information added to my CBR's in a very, very long time (10+ years).

stef - I like your bear!

Message Edited by jmbfl on 08-01-2008 10:13 AM

That bear get's confusing, eh? Smiley Happy

Mine was not instant (was done over the phone, but was still told it would take time, 30 day message basically.)  A CSR called me back  later that afternoon or the next to request a copy of a current utility bill, my ID, and SS card. Took less than a week after I faxed them the requested info.

It did cost me 2 hards, TU and EX. I had a couple of med collections, small and paid and too many new accounts. I was fussed at for this, but still approved.  

I even got the 30 day message in my email a few times. I called, because I got it after I received my card, they said it was system error and to ignore it.

Message 39 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

All things conidered, therefore, I am going to chalk this up as an instant approval. If they need something they will let me know.

If they want a utilty bill I have no idea what I am going to do as all the utilities here are in someone else's name. (That's the way we set it up when we moved in here 9 years ago - my credit was crap and hers wasn't too good. The mortgage (her debt) had a BALLOON PAYMENT -AND- A PREPAYMENT PENALTY!! OMG!!) I'm sure it all can be worked out whatever they want.

I would kinda like to see how this is going to come out before d-day, which is now Wednesday 06AUG. Speaking of days that will live in infamy - that will be one. I will be hospitalized for about a week thereafter - then home to whatever...
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.