Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifically regarding Discover Card

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Specifically regarding Discover Card

Well, I finally got around to looking at my email again just now and I had the following message:

"Congratulations on becoming a Discover Cardmember!
Your new card is on its way."

**bleep**, they are fast! About 24 hours. Did not ask me for a thing. Neither did PenFed. I wonder what the secret formula is that makes that possible! Others seem to get hassled for a lot of information. (When it comes to providing information I definitely believe that LESS is MORE. MORE as in MO BETTER!)

I am gratified and a little shocked that Discover actually took me back. My rehab is moving right along, probably ahead of any pace I could have reasonably expected or any ambitious goal I could have set for myself. I had a plan for last year and this year and I am well ahead of it. Getting a $10K credit line from PenFed was beyond my wildest imagination. And now courted by and actually reissued a card by Discover. Wow!

Can't wait to see what the CL is on this one. I am thinking it is going to be decent based on the income I presented and the other CL's that I have. I'll know in a few days!
Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That's awesome. Can't wait to see what your CL is! Such success we've had recently on obtaining Discover cards. How exciting! Fyi - mine came by regular mail took about a week.
Message 42 of 56
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

jmbfl wrote:
Well, I finally got around to looking at my email again just now and I had the following message:

"Congratulations on becoming a Discover Cardmember!
Your new card is on its way."

Welcome to the Discover family!  Smiley Wink 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 43 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, and I hope your hospital stay goes well.

Have you got a family member who can camp out with you? That often makes things go a lot smoother.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 45 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

HTSU -

Thanks for your comment. I live with the SO. She will be taking some time off from work after I come home from the hospital. My parents are coming for a week while I am in the hospital. My father and mother have a lot of experience with hospital/medical situations so I will be well looked after. I'll be off work for quite a while so slipping this one in under the wire is a major plus. Post-surgery I will definitely be in maintenance mode in more ways that one.
Message 46 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I just updated my info on TC for the last time before I go into the hospital and I noticed an extra TL reporting on EX. (Still no alert!!) Looked at the details and it is the new Discover Card account. So I flipped to the further details screen and...

The CL = $8,100.00 !!

So much for not applying...

I was hoping for at least $5K. This is more that I could have expected in my wildest dreams. Another TL over $5K - things are getting better and better!

Now I can go get worked on at least credit happy!

Yippie!!!

P.S. Hard work and a little deprivation do work after all. $21.6K in new TL's plus $1.5K CLI since April. jmbfl

Message Edited by jmbfl on 08-05-2008 11:11 AM
Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:
I just updated my info on TC for the last time before I go into the hospital and I noticed an extra TL reporting on EX. (Still no alert!!) Looked at the details and it is the new Discover Card account. So I flipped to the further details screen and...

The CL = $8,100.00 !!

So much for not applying...

I was hoping for at least $5K. This is more that I could have expected in my wildest dreams. Another TL over $5 - things are getting better and better!

Now I can go get worked on at least credit happy!

Yippie!!!

P.S. Hard work and a little deprivation do work after all. $21.6K in new TL's plus $1.5K CLI since April. jmbfl

Message Edited by jmbfl on 08-05-2008 10:12 AM

WOWWW! I'll trade ya! Great news. Congrats.
Best of luck on your surgery, too!
Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats! Gives me hope. Had discover screwed up. They deleted the tradeline is the only difference. Just need to keep getting my score back up there!
Message 49 of 56
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

osudelt69 wrote:
Wow congrats! Gives me hope. Had discover screwed up. They deleted the tradeline is the only difference. Just need to keep getting my score back up there!

I am sure I was once as far in the dumps as you are although I was not looking at the time. (I even had a judgement that was bogus (long story) and was removed.) Keep up the hard work - and it is hard work - and you can be rewarded. Anyone can do it. I hope I encourage all to persevere!
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.