Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending Limit vs Credit Limit

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Spending Limit vs Credit Limit

My BOA Signature card has a $7000 credit line.  Today BOA tells me I have no spending limit on my card.  I am confused.  Does it mean I can spend $10K on the card if I wanted to?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Spending Limit vs Credit Limit

@DI wrote:

My BOA Signature card has a $7000 credit line.  Today BOA tells me I have no spending limit on my card.  I am confused.  Does it mean I can spend $10K on the card if I wanted to?

This means it's a mix of credit and charge card. So the deal is you can go over your credit limit (how much they will not tell you) without being charged a over limit fee but the amount over the CL must be paid before the due date and can not be revolved.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Spending Limit vs Credit Limit

normally it is some percentage above the credit limit you can go upto. But what ever you go above the credit limit will be due in full in the next statement.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.