cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending more on Amex card before requesting CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spending more on Amex card before requesting CLI?

Today I hit the minimum spend for the bonus points on my JetBlue card which I got a little over a month ago. Instead of SDing the card now, would using it more help with a CLI? I was thinking of running all my non-bonus spending through it from now until the 61 day mark or the 3rd statement cut. I've also been seeing people requesting well over 3x their current limits and being counter-offerred the 3x limit. So if I request a limit of say $20k (current limit $3,500), would I be more likely to get a counter of ~$10k? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spending more on Amex card before requesting CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I hit the minimum spend for the bonus points on my JetBlue card which I got a little over a month ago. Instead of SDing the card now, would using it more help with a CLI? I was thinking of running all my non-bonus spending through it from now until the 61 day mark or the 3rd statement cut. I've also been seeing people requesting well over 3x their current limits and being counter-offerred the 3x limit. So if I request a limit of say $20k (current limit $3,500), would I be more likely to get a counter of ~$10k? 

Just request 3X.

You'll do fine. Also. I've gotten my Biggest AMEX CLI on a card I hardly spend on due to other spend bonuses to meet. YMMV as always.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.