Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spg changes for the average Joe?

tag
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Spg changes for the average Joe?

I've labored my way through the posts regarding the starwood/Marriott merger, but haven't found the answer, so...

I'm not a business traveler, nor a globe trotter. I probably buy an average of five hotel nights a year, mostly on the road with my family at low cost hotels. I was super psyched to get the spg and it's SUB, as I can find tons of 3000pt hotel stays for rooms that normally are in the $100-$120/night range.

Now that the points are being transferred to the new points program at 1:3, will there still be deals in that range? Will I be able to find 9000pt hotel rooms after August 1?

Thanks to anyone with insight!

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Spg changes for the average Joe?

With the new rewards chart, if you are able to find rooms now for 3,000 SPG points, you should be able to find rooms in the 5,000-10,000 range with the new currency. I wish those properties were available where I travel; with the exchange, I dropped 15,000 SPG points per night the last 10 nights I've stayed this year.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.