cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke to BofA CC Cust Serv, was told I could CLI with a soft pull, would doing it online be soft?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spoke to BofA CC Cust Serv, was told I could CLI with a soft pull, would doing it online be soft

@RobSteal wrote:

But when you state that if I requested a CLI ONLINE for multiple BofA cards, they will be both counted as ONE HARD PULL? Even if they are days apart?

Everything I've been reading (and some posts above) state that EACH CLI request done online would be considered separate hard pulls.

I have no idea. That is why I said just request them for both cards the same day back to back.  What are your current limits with each card, how old are they, what are their APRs, what are your other cards limits like, and score avgs? 

As long as you dont have baddies and your overall util is good, you should be just fine getting decent increases on both cards.  Once you start requesting on more than 2 cards that is when things can get tricky. They might start shifting limits around from cards.

Usually BOA uses the same HP for up to 30 days AFAIK.  So if I were you I would either:

A. Request increase on your oldest card, aim high, call in to get full amount, then move limits around as you desire.

OR

B. Request increase on both back to back, aim high, and if you arent satisfied like I said speak with a sr credit analyst and they can recon the request.

In my experience, the initial online request is a HP, will work for more than 1 card, that report is good for 30 days even to move limits.  So some folks instead of calling in if they were not approved for the full amount, they will wait a week or two and see if the request an increase link shows up again, and get a little more, but sometimes it can pull limit from another card if you have hit their max.

My card isnt even a year old yet. Started out at 2k limit, and only way I could get approved was with a joint applicant.  Now its all on its own and is all I would ever need.  It may have cost me as many HPs as a capital one card but I am ok with it!

I see family members with cards that have a variable APR of 7.xx percent and for some reason doesn't seem to budge, and their limtis are just huge, especially if its 5-10 years old.

Even if it was 2 HPs and you got great increases on both, I'd like to think the added limits and decreased util would negate any HP dings.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spoke to BofA CC Cust Serv, was told I could CLI with a soft pull, would doing it online be soft

It is a good rule of thumb to assume you'll be hard-pulled whenever you seek credit (in this case, additional credit).  Live by that rule and the decision to request a CLI will become much easier.  Assume you're gonna get a hard pull.  If it ends up soft, then that's a bonus.

Message 22 of 23
negg
Frequent Contributor

It's a scam they will hard pull you in a second. They actually told me it's against the law to give out CLI without a HP. Advised them all my other cc do it. She told me they will get in trouble.  Since that day card has not seen light and still active some 18 months later.   

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.