cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke to a JCPenney CSR.. Not sure if info provided to me was accurate?

tag
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Spoke to a JCPenney CSR.. Not sure if info provided to me was accurate?

I just called JCPenney Customer Service line in regards to a CLI question. I've had my CC since 2001 and have not received an increase. I always pay my account on time, never late but Im still stuck @ $300 limit.. So I called to ask about it. The CSR told me that in order to get a CLI, they're gonna have to run my credit thus creating an inquiry on my CR.

I have the Luv button on my JCP account and not sure to click on it since the CSR said CLI will be based on credit worthiness?

I thought JCP/GEMB cli only does soft pull? Have they changed their policy?

Can someone please confirm this? 

Thanks! 

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Spoke to a JCPenney CSR.. Not sure if info provided to me was accurate?

I don't have any experience with JCP, but I have been with GEMB for some time now.  I have three different accounts,(Sam's club, Sam's Discover, Lowe's) get a CLI every six months, never ever a hard pull for any of them.  YMMV.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hit the luv button last week on my jcp and lowes account got a cli on both accounts this is a soft pull. does not count as hard inquiry.
Message 3 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, that customer service rep you spoke unfortunately needs more retraining in her line of work, I have a jcpenny card in which I just recently opened in April of this year I was given a $500.00 cl to start and after two months I called csr to request a cli stated I wanted to buy a piece of furniture and was given a $500.00 cli my current cl in now at $1,000.00 and it was a SOFT PULL.  You have had this card for a while and should get a cli HIT the luv button or I would speak with a csr supervisor for a cli and also mention about the conversation you had with this prior csr so another person does not have to deal with this reps wrath.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 7
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Yes. I was surprised that the CSR even works there.. haha.

I will definitely speak with a supervisor.

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 5 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Yes. I was surprised that the CSR even works there.. haha.

I will definitely speak with a supervisor.

From recent posts regarding GEMB CLIs on another board, the CSR may have been "sort of" right.  Their policy (supposedly) now is:  If you call and speak with a CSR and ask for a CLI, you'll most likely incur a hard inquiry.  If you hit the website luv button, or go through the automated phone system for a CLI, most likely it will be a soft inquiry.  I would not call in and talk to them.  Use the automated system or luv button for your CLI.  Good luck!  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

im in the same shoes with u with macy's Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.