Regular Contributor
DeeBee18

Spoke to a JCPenney CSR.. Not sure if info provided to me was accurate?

I just called JCPenney Customer Service line in regards to a CLI question. I've had my CC since 2001 and have not received an increase. I always pay my account on time, never late but Im still stuck @ $300 limit.. So I called to ask about it. The CSR told me that in order to get a CLI, they're gonna have to run my credit thus creating an inquiry on my CR.

I have the Luv button on my JCP account and not sure to click on it since the CSR said CLI will be based on credit worthiness?

I thought JCP/GEMB cli only does soft pull? Have they changed their policy?

Can someone please confirm this? 

Thanks! 

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Established Contributor
guydiver

Re: Spoke to a JCPenney CSR.. Not sure if info provided to me was accurate?

I don't have any experience with JCP, but I have been with GEMB for some time now.  I have three different accounts,(Sam's club, Sam's Discover, Lowe's) get a CLI every six months, never ever a hard pull for any of them.  YMMV.

MyFICO Forums ROCK!! & . Been There, Done That. Never Going Back! Goal>>>> 800,800,800!

Starting Score: 1/05 upper 500's??Current Score: FICO: EQ 783, TU(98) 790, EX 814(Vantage) 779(CS) Goal Score: .....800 IS ON MY BUCKET LIST! EX ,BITE ME! .:smileyvery-happy:
In My Wallet: CU Visa 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Lowe's 10K, Cabela's Siggy Visa 11.5K, Travelocity AMEX 18K :
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

patriot676

I just hit the luv button last week on my jcp and lowes account got a cli on both accounts this is a soft pull. does not count as hard inquiry.
Valued Contributor
tray

Hi, that customer service rep you spoke unfortunately needs more retraining in her line of work, I have a jcpenny card in which I just recently opened in April of this year I was given a $500.00 cl to start and after two months I called csr to request a cli stated I wanted to buy a piece of furniture and was given a $500.00 cli my current cl in now at $1,000.00 and it was a SOFT PULL.  You have had this card for a while and should get a cli HIT the luv button or I would speak with a csr supervisor for a cli and also mention about the conversation you had with this prior csr so another person does not have to deal with this reps wrath.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Regular Contributor
DeeBee18

Yes. I was surprised that the CSR even works there.. haha.

I will definitely speak with a supervisor.

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Frequent Contributor
TangMeister

DeeBee18 wrote:

Yes. I was surprised that the CSR even works there.. haha.

I will definitely speak with a supervisor.

From recent posts regarding GEMB CLIs on another board, the CSR may have been "sort of" right.  Their policy (supposedly) now is:  If you call and speak with a CSR and ask for a CLI, you'll most likely incur a hard inquiry.  If you hit the website luv button, or go through the automated phone system for a CLI, most likely it will be a soft inquiry.  I would not call in and talk to them.  Use the automated system or luv button for your CLI.  Good luck!  

Frequent Contributor
ladydi

im in the same shoes with u with macy's :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+