cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoke with Amex about my past bk and ways to get in

tag
power1234

Spoke with Amex about my past bk and ways to get in

I called today to see what would be a way in to Amex considering that I incl in to the bk 5 yrs ago

Correct me if iam wrong but what I was told since the accounts were in the bk and they were corporate accounts I had to wait 5yrs before re apply

For the personal account I had  to wait 7yrs to re apply

I was also told that the blacklist would not apply for any one and that american express does not have a policy that blacklist applicants

I am still skeptical about his statements so if anyone here can confirm the accuracy of his statement . Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Spoke with Amex about my past bk and ways to get in

I've definitely read about amex blacklisting people. They might not tell you about it, but if you included them in a bk chances are you're blacklisted.
Message 2 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I've definitely read about amex blacklisting people. They might not tell you about it, but if you included them in a bk chances are you're blacklisted.

+1

I've read that most people had to pay back the monies owed in the bk before they would approve a new account.  I guess the benefit is that they also got the back dating.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 6
Radek7752
Contributor

Amex definitely keeps a blacklist. I doubt they would divulge that over the phone though because they want people to apply and it may create legal issues.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 4 of 6
Bandit_1025

It’s semantics. When u BK on them, they use the terminology the account was revoked. It’s this revocation, which blocks them from even pulling a report  on any applications you make.  

Message 5 of 6
rm3
Regular Contributor

I must be off the blacklist then. I applied last July and was told immediately that my app was declined with no HP due to them closing previous account. They were IIB in 2003. My BK fell off of EX March 1. I applied recently and they HP my EX report. Was declined but good to be off the blacklist. I assume their letter will include my EX credit score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.