Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport'sman's Guide Visa Shop. Cart Trick--Question

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: iRe: Sport'sman's Guide Visa Shop. Cart Trick--Question

Yeah, I just found out on another thread that it's 2 diff. underwiters. Which in my case would be good since I just got decl. for the Centurion version. But if the requirements for the Macy's AMEX are that rigid, then I better stick with my original plan and go for the store card b/c as you may have already figured out, my CR on EX is not 700+ nor is it stellar. It's not terrible-but it's not great either. Probably just a few steps short of being considered good at best.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 21 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Yeah, I just found out on another thread that it's 2 diff. underwiters. Which in my case would be good since I just got decl. for the Centurion version. But if the requirements for the Macy's AMEX are that rigid, then I better stick with my original plan and go for the store card b/c as you may have already figured out, my CR on EX is not 700+ nor is it stellar. It's not terrible-but it's not great either. Probably just a few steps short of being considered good at best.

I would say that if you feel comfortable with applying for the store version, then go for it when you have all your ducks in a row.  Then, down the road you can contact them to see about obtaining the AMEX version.  Of course, with the upcoming holidays, some retail lenders tend to be flexible or have some wiggle room by lowering their acceptance or threshhold criteria for the cards that would normally be harder to obtain through traditional methods... of course, just to get that lovely sale!  Let us know when you decide to get your Macy's card.

Message 22 of 41
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Thinking of doing it now so it will be 3+ mos old by holiday time. But hoping if I do, none of the other new acct's I opened will get p-o'd and close me out. That's my biggest fear right now. Not really worried about my score as much b/c by then I'll have used the accts and given them a chance to report positive. And as far as AAoA, my mortgaga is 18+ yrs old which keeps it up there. Last time I looked my AAoA was around 4.5 years. So even when the rest of my new accts. post, it shouldn't go much lower than 3 yrs if any lower at all.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 23 of 41
coterotie
Established Contributor

How about that, the pop up came up and so did the pre-approval.  I went ahead and took it as is is no annual fee.  When did/do you find out the CL?  Have to wait for the card?

Message 24 of 41
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Sport'sman's Guide Visa Shop. Cart Trick--Question

Can't get this one to work for me and I'm north of 700 now. So annoying!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 25 of 41
jk26978
Regular Contributor

@coterotie wrote:

How about that, the pop up came up and so did the pre-approval.  I went ahead and took it as is is no annual fee.  When did/do you find out the CL?  Have to wait for the card?

I was approved for the card Saturday, cannot seem to find the limit on it though.  It just said that the card would arrive in 10 days. Guess I just have to wait till then?  I know that it is at least $90.00

So.....guess I am starting over in the garden.....however, this is a card that I will use, and it is a Visa

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 26 of 41
coterotie
Established Contributor

I know my limit is at least $100.  Bought some UA sunglasses and kept the membership.  We're probably buying a boat later this year and can anticipate using the membership to get some discounts on the required safety gear etc.

Was at CreditKarma and the Barclay's popped up and I figured what the heck as I already had a hard pull from the Cap1 auto refinance.  Bam approved for $1,900.  Now I can dump CreditOne and if Cap1 won't PC my Orchard to a QS with an increase I can dump that one too.  Now if I could just get WMT to give me a decent CLI I'd be all set.

Also hit the Luv button on my wife's Cap1 hoping to get the 10 day so I could pull a free copy of her CR and it gave her a 1K increase.  First time I have been bummed about a CLI.

@jk26978 wrote:

@coterotie wrote:

I was approved for the card Saturday, cannot seem to find the limit on it though.  It just said that the card would arrive in 10 days. Guess I just have to wait till then?  I know that it is at least $90.00

So.....guess I am starting over in the garden.....however, this is a card that I will use, and it is a Visa

K

Message 27 of 41
waiter
Regular Contributor

Finstar:

Gander Mountain MC, MyPoints Visa, Total Rewards Visa, True Value Discover, Ann Taylor MC... plus others...

Hi, what other visa, mastercard and discover version?????   Thanks

Message 28 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@waiter wrote:

Finstar:

Gander Mountain MC, MyPoints Visa, Total Rewards Visa, True Value Discover, Ann Taylor MC... plus others...

Hi, what other visa, mastercard and discover version?????   Thanks

The thread below provides additional Comenity-backed co-branded card programs, including the ones mentioned above:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NEW-UPDATED-LIST-for-Comenity-Bank-Store-Cards-can-be-u...

Message 29 of 41
waiter
Regular Contributor

Finstar,

I would like to thank you for mentioning TrueValue discover card it gve me instant 9.2K . and Instead of Equifax, they pulled Experian.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.