Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SportGuide VISA ramblings...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SportGuide VISA ramblings...

Well, today I got my SGVisa via SCT and I didn't even buy anything on the website (that in itself is a story).  I was hoping for 5K CL since I have several 5K cards and 2 which are more than 5k, but my CL is $2,500.  Not really a problem since I am going to make one small purchase, PIF, then put the card away to use for emergencies.  I have been seeing many wary comments re: this card lately.  Can I CLI immediately or is it best to wait, maybe 6 mos.  Is there a recommended strategy for NOT getting this card closed?  I already have roughly 4K exposure on JCREW, EB, and VA but my utilization is at 3%.  I desperately need snow tires (that is an emergency) but I'm thinking I should just put on my Venture card - I don't know.  As always, thank you for any comments or suggestions in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SportGuide VISA ramblings...

Hey, at least you were approved vs being denied! There's been mixed reports on the initial CLI once you set up your account online. So, you can try but YEMV.

And whatever you do as far as purchases, don't carry a balance on this card. To keep it active just use it periodically.
Message 2 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

At least with Comenity we know that within the 4-6 month mark you should see a CLI on the card. I took the pop up because I couldn't help myself, even though I didnt need the card. I was kind of surprised they instant approved me for $4500.00. But Then again, a lot of my Comenity cards are approved at that number. They seem to really like that number with me lol.

Use the card a little bit and I bet you see a 1500-2000 bump after 4 statements. 

Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SGV isn't known to do initial CLI upon activiation on this card from what I have read.. Most likely I believe this is a 4 or 6 or 9 month before you initial CLI.  As Finstar said an approval is better than a denialSmiley Happy  

Message 4 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Exactly, if you wanted the card and got approved, then it's better than a decline letter. I have at least 7-8 comenity visa, mc, discover cards and the only one that gave me an immediate bump in the credit limit was Total Rewards Visa, all the others want to see some use and history. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Sportsguide Visa early July, limit 2500.00.  I have used the card monthly around 450.00, PIF, one month left a balance of 50.00.  At the 4 month mark, CLI denied.  Card now holds a 0 balance and I won't use it anymore. I will see if there is an increase in January when the card is 6 months old.  If not, sock drawer, lol!  This holds true for the Modell MVP Visa as well the Total Rewards.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.