Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Authority C.C

tag
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Sports Authority C.C

Ok, so by now everyone knows that the majority if not all S.A are closing. I have a credit card by them aka Comenity never used it before. Today I activated the card hoping I could use it BUT the store associate said it's not possible anymore. She said they don't even honor gift cards or military discounts anymore.

So here is the big question. Does anyone know what Comenity is going to do with that credit card? Will they just closed the accounts or will they transfer it to something else? At first it looked like only some stores are closing but now it turns out almost all if not all stores are closing. Any thoughts?

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sports Authority C.C

Comenity closes accounts once the stores are closed they do not transfer it to anything else and AFAIK you cannot xfer the limit to another card from them either by asking it be done.
Message 2 of 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

For clarification Sports Authority is in BK and closing all stores and  going bye bye and when it does so does your credit card. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the card is done with.  Just call them and have them close it by your request.

Message 4 of 6
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies, well I guess I am glad I never used it or earned any kind of points. By the way, is there a way to know which major credit cards or store cards are coming to an end or ready to renew with a providers examples of that Jetblue ended with Amex and Costco with Amex. I am wondering is anyone have a clock on these credit cards and companies.

I guess it would give you an idea what cards to keep an eye on.

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's good that it won't really hurt your situation by it closing. I can see it causing issues for some, depending on how much credit they have tied up in to it. I guess that goes for any card closing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.