Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports+bar didn't = app this time

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Sports+bar didn't = app this time

Well I refrained from apping at a bar this week while watching LSU. Hurray for me.

Also, I've notice a decrease in successful app posts on this board. Is everyone in the garden?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

@Duncanrr wrote:
Well I refrained from apping at a bar this week while watching LSU. Hurray for me.

Also, I've notice a decrease in successful app posts on this board. Is everyone in the garden?

I think so. 

I also refrained from apping after a commercial from my local CU this week....every time I see it I want to app....same goes for all the freedom and CSP commercials...and amex has started a whole new line of commercials that just keep screaming "backdating" in my ear Smiley Tongue 

Message 2 of 12
Jlu
Established Contributor

My recipe for not becoming a brainless consumer who thinks that limit 5 per customer means you should buy 5 of them. 

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

4) enjoy TV w/o commercials

5) increase IQ and stay in garden

6) profit  

Hey, it works for me. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That game was really bad (officiating was terrible)

Oh well a win is a win. I thought the capital one ads were lame as was the ad for the suburu. I liked the volvo s60 ad though
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Duncan if you really get the urge to app while drinking you may want to consider freezing your reports, only helps you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I don't. It was a random one night stand app hook up last time. I don't want to take the app/credit score walk of same so I'll refrain from doing it again Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

My recipe for not becoming a brainless consumer who thinks that limit 5 per customer means you should buy 5 of them. 

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

6) profit  

Hey, it works for me. 

Good plan.  I also decided to stop going to bars for drinks, unless it was for work-related networking purposes.  Instead, I buy my drinks at a discount liquor store and have them at home with friends.  It cut my drink expenses by two-thirds.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

6) profit  

Hey, it works for me. 

Good plan.  I also decided to stop going to bars for drinks, unless it was for work-related networking purposes.  Instead, I buy my drinks at a discount liquor store and have them at home with friends.  It cut my drink expenses by two-thirds.

Thats a good idea, I go out way too much as it is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Lol @ the app walk of shame... ive done that walk before but fortunately I didn't app at a bar!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
@Anonymous @ the app walk of shame... ive done that walk before but fortunately I didn't app at a bar!
Good thing as there is no telling where the app has been. I think I got the app pregnant. In 9 months I'm expecting a Chase sapphire baby.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.