Reply
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Sports+bar didn't = app this time

Well I refrained from apping at a bar this week while watching LSU. Hurray for me.

Also, I've notice a decrease in successful app posts on this board. Is everyone in the garden?


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,794
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time


Duncanrr wrote:
Well I refrained from apping at a bar this week while watching LSU. Hurray for me.

Also, I've notice a decrease in successful app posts on this board. Is everyone in the garden?

I think so. 

 

I also refrained from apping after a commercial from my local CU this week....every time I see it I want to app....same goes for all the freedom and CSP commercials...and amex has started a whole new line of commercials that just keep screaming "backdating" in my ear :smileytongue: 

;
Established Contributor
Jlu
Posts: 922
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

[ Edited ]

My recipe for not becoming a brainless consumer who thinks that limit 5 per customer means you should buy 5 of them. 

 

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

4) enjoy TV w/o commercials

5) increase IQ and stay in garden

6) profit  

 

Hey, it works for me. 

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

That game was really bad (officiating was terrible)

Oh well a win is a win. I thought the capital one ads were lame as was the ad for the suburu. I liked the volvo s60 ad though

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

@Duncan if you really get the urge to app while drinking you may want to consider freezing your reports, only helps you.



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

I don't. It was a random one night stand app hook up last time. I don't want to take the app/credit score walk of same so I'll refrain from doing it again :smileywink:


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
lithium78
Posts: 930
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time


Jlu wrote:

My recipe for not becoming a brainless consumer who thinks that limit 5 per customer means you should buy 5 of them. 

 

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

4) enjoy TV w/o commercials

5) increase IQ and stay in garden

6) profit  

 

Hey, it works for me. 


Good plan.  I also decided to stop going to bars for drinks, unless it was for work-related networking purposes.  Instead, I buy my drinks at a discount liquor store and have them at home with friends.  It cut my drink expenses by two-thirds.


Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time


lithium78 wrote:

Jlu wrote:

My recipe for not becoming a brainless consumer who thinks that limit 5 per customer means you should buy 5 of them. 

 

1) cancel cable 

2) buy ps3

3) get Netflix

4) enjoy TV w/o commercials

5) increase IQ and stay in garden

6) profit  

 

Hey, it works for me. 


Good plan.  I also decided to stop going to bars for drinks, unless it was for work-related networking purposes.  Instead, I buy my drinks at a discount liquor store and have them at home with friends.  It cut my drink expenses by two-thirds.


Thats a good idea, I go out way too much as it is.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time

Lol @ the app walk of shame... ive done that walk before but fortunately I didn't app at a bar!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Sports+bar didn't = app this time


webhopper wrote:
Lol @ the app walk of shame... ive done that walk before but fortunately I didn't app at a bar!
Good thing as there is no telling where the app has been. I think I got the app pregnant. In 9 months I'm expecting a Chase sapphire baby.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}