Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman Guide Visa Question

tag
canusa11
Valued Member

Sportsman Guide Visa Question

I did the shopping cartrick awile back and was aproved for 2k. Much lower than my chase cards. I have not used it yet, i tried a time or two for a cli no dice. Ive heard of people just keep clicking it till they get it? Did i understand that correctly? Also is it a SP when you try for the cli?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sportsman Guide Visa Question

@canusa11 wrote:

I did the shopping cartrick awile back and was aproved for 2k. Much lower than my chase cards. I have not used it yet, i tried a time or two for a cli no dice. Ive heard of people just keep clicking it till they get it? Did i understand that correctly? Also is it a SP when you try for the cli?

If you can't get an immediate CLI then the first one usually will not occur until 9 months have passed and it is a SP for CLI on the Sportsman Visa from what I understand.

Message 2 of 4
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Any idea if you have a better chance if you use the card for a cycle or two before requesting CLI? 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

Any idea if you have a better chance if you use the card for a cycle or two before requesting CLI? 

I dont have the card but a good rule of thumb is the creditor is going to like to see some activity so I would say yes it will increase your chances.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.