Regular Contributor
brikays

Re: Sportsman's Guide?

[ Edited ]

I got the SG Visa pop up when my EQ was 652.....

Comenity pop-ups/ instant approvals ( arranged in the order received)

1- VS - 3/30/2013 - EQ652 - CL $500

2-Jcrew - 6/26/13 - EQ 658 - CL $500

3- Love Loft - 7/25/13 - EQ 643 - CL $500 ( scores went down due to 2 med CO reporting)

4- SG Visa - 10/30/13 - EQ 652 - CL $1500

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Established Contributor
missjae

ptilda wrote:

Good to know. I think this can be a good thing. But if I wait until the 700s, I have a better chance of starting with a good CL.

+1.  It is said here alot.  I myself didn't take heed in the beginning.  Once I was approved for higher limits and better terms after waiting, I learned my lesson.  Seems like it's easier to get a higher starting CL then to get large increases.  

What kind of limit are you hoping to start with?

Established Contributor
ptilda

missjae, if I could top my highest current CLs of $3k each, I'd be happy. But even something close would be good to raise my util. However, I expect that my Walmart & Amazon cards will probably CLI fairly fast since I use both stores a lot and am a well established online customer prior to getting the cards. But the cards are brand new and so I will dutifully wait the 4 statements before I ask for CLI. Once those increase and gardening starts showing results, $3k might seem like a drop in the bucket.

Anyone have feedback on how long after having a CC app spree before you start getting shopping cart offers again?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Valued Contributor
FinStar

ptilda wrote:

missjae, if I could top my highest current CLs of $3k each, I'd be happy. But even something close would be good to raise my util. However, I expect that my Walmart & Amazon cards will probably CLI fairly fast since I use both stores a lot and am a well established online customer prior to getting the cards. But the cards are brand new and so I will dutifully wait the 4 statements before I ask for CLI. Once those increase and gardening starts showing results, $3k might seem like a drop in the bucket.

Anyone have feedback on how long after having a CC app spree before you start getting shopping cart offers again?

It's probably a safe assumption to wait after 6 months, as with most credit items that need to be farmed along with improvements on your profile from the AAoA hit and scores.  I doubt the pre-approval offers would be going away anytime soon so you could always try them by next Spring or Summer.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+