Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide?

tag
brikays
Regular Contributor

Re: Sportsman's Guide?

I got the SG Visa pop up when my EQ was 652.....

Comenity pop-ups/ instant approvals ( arranged in the order received)

1- VS - 3/30/2013 - EQ652 - CL $500

2-Jcrew - 6/26/13 - EQ 658 - CL $500

3- Love Loft - 7/25/13 - EQ 643 - CL $500 ( scores went down due to 2 med CO reporting)

4- SG Visa - 10/30/13 - EQ 652 - CL $1500

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 11 of 14
missjae
Established Contributor

@ptilda wrote:

Good to know. I think this can be a good thing. But if I wait until the 700s, I have a better chance of starting with a good CL.

+1.  It is said here alot.  I myself didn't take heed in the beginning.  Once I was approved for higher limits and better terms after waiting, I learned my lesson.  Seems like it's easier to get a higher starting CL then to get large increases.  

What kind of limit are you hoping to start with?

Message 12 of 14
ptilda
Established Contributor

missjae, if I could top my highest current CLs of $3k each, I'd be happy. But even something close would be good to raise my util. However, I expect that my Walmart & Amazon cards will probably CLI fairly fast since I use both stores a lot and am a well established online customer prior to getting the cards. But the cards are brand new and so I will dutifully wait the 4 statements before I ask for CLI. Once those increase and gardening starts showing results, $3k might seem like a drop in the bucket.

Anyone have feedback on how long after having a CC app spree before you start getting shopping cart offers again?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ptilda wrote:

missjae, if I could top my highest current CLs of $3k each, I'd be happy. But even something close would be good to raise my util. However, I expect that my Walmart & Amazon cards will probably CLI fairly fast since I use both stores a lot and am a well established online customer prior to getting the cards. But the cards are brand new and so I will dutifully wait the 4 statements before I ask for CLI. Once those increase and gardening starts showing results, $3k might seem like a drop in the bucket.

Anyone have feedback on how long after having a CC app spree before you start getting shopping cart offers again?

It's probably a safe assumption to wait after 6 months, as with most credit items that need to be farmed along with improvements on your profile from the AAoA hit and scores.  I doubt the pre-approval offers would be going away anytime soon so you could always try them by next Spring or Summer.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.