Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spousal income

tag
inthewoods
New Contributor

Spousal income

My wife has a Freedom card where I am an authorized user. We recently contacted Chase to request an upgrade to Signature. Our CL is already $7k, so shouldn’t be a problem. Chase contacted us, however, to confirm gross income.

My question is whether my wife can claim my income as well as her own. Her income is a fraction of my income. We file jointly and have shared finances. I think I heard that the rules for this are changing this year, and that the Fair Credit guidelines that were interpreted to mean that only individual income could be used will be revised. Have the new rules taken effect yet?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Spousal income

The new rules have not taken effect yet.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The new rules have not taken effect yet.

I wish it would take effect soon because my wife got an offer yesterday from Amex 100k points 3k spend 3 months problem is she is a stay at home mom.

Message 3 of 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

do you file joint income tax returns?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

do you file joint income tax returns?

If the question is directed at me then yes we do.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.