Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreading Out Barclays Apps?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Spreading Out Barclays Apps?

How long after you last application will Barclays let people apply for another one of their cards? Just asking.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spreading Out Barclays Apps?

@chalupaman wrote:

How long after you last application will Barclays let people apply for another one of their cards? Just asking.

I have seen very few get 2 at once

more success after 6 months.

they seem to be one of those odd banks though where if you are applying mostly with them I think we had someone post a couple months back that had 4 barclay... me who has been applying to other banks at a 10 to 1 rate of barclay, barclay doesn't seem to like me that much because of all my credit with others.

so don't think one good answer but I would lean more towards 6+ months for best results.

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

they seem to be one of those odd banks though where if you are applying mostly with them I think we had someone post a couple months back that had 4 barclay... me who has been applying to other banks at a 10 to 1 rate of barclay, barclay doesn't seem to like me that much because of all my credit with others.

so don't think one good answer but I would lean more towards 6+ months for best results.

+1 .. They want to see history with THEM.. They don't care about other lenders payment history other then getting obviously you first CC with them, they need to see other lenders CC history then it is just with them and your history with them

Message 3 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

+1 .. They want to see history with THEM.. They don't care about other lenders payment history other then getting obviously you first CC with them, they need to see other lenders CC history then it is just with them and your history with them

Alright. That explains a lot as to how they never pulled a CR when I tried for the sallie mae again a few weeks ago. Six months it is then. March is when I might try again. Different lenders tend to be completely different about this stuff like with Chase, etc..

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for there mastercard I was approved a week later I applied for the carnival mastercard that they back and they approved that too.

Message 5 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I applied for there mastercard I was approved a week later I applied for the carnival mastercard that they back and they approved that too.

I wonder if their requirements are different for cobranded cards then. Becuase I tried this with the Sallie Mae and their rewards MC and got the same result.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if their requirements are different for cobranded cards then. Becuase I tried this with the Sallie Mae and their rewards MC and got the same result.

Interesting. I think it depends on the profile too.

Message 7 of 15
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

I applied for the US Airways MC last week and was approved.  This is about 6 months after my Rewards MC was opened.  

I received an offer from US Air and that's why I applied.  It's an easy 40,000 miles.

Good Luck!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I applied for the US Airways MC last week and was approved.  This is about 6 months after my Rewards MC was opened.  

I received an offer from US Air and that's why I applied.  It's an easy 40,000 miles.

Good Luck!

If I hadn't just gotten the Sallie Mae I'd apply for that US Airways card for the miles too.

Oh well, at least the wife was approved with a nice juicy limit! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm at 6 months in a couple weeks... This USAir card sure seems to be getting a lot of approvals!!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.