Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreading the PENFED FEVER!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spreading the PENFED FEVER!

Q: How many of the 21 inqs are actually on EQ?

A:  Credit Agency        Inq's        Drop 2008   Drop 2009  Drop 2010
         Experian               10                  6                  2                     2
         Equifax                 14                  8                  5                     2           
         Trans Union            8                  7                  1 
         Totals                     32               21                 8                     4

Does this make sense? I believe the answer is 8!! hahahaSmiley Wink

Message Edited by laila08 on 02-18-2008 07:28 AM

Message Edited by laila08 on 02-18-2008 07:29 AM
Message 31 of 53
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Hi haulingthescore
Did Penfed asked you for proof of income when you got approved for the Visa?
Somehow they said that i need to show them a proof of income because of first time borrower.
Fast forward... fax them mine proof of income and was approved for 5k should of asked for 10k but didn't want to be greedy. Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 53
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, congrats, and welcome to the club! I'm glad it worked for you.

No, they didn't ask for proof which surprises me, but maybe it's because they can see on my credit report that USAA has extended me lots of credit ($37K revolving, $50K HELOC), and they know that USAA did their homework.

My husband rolled his eyes when I told him that he was getting a gas card, but when I said that it was the equivalent of saving 15 cents a gallon on $3/gal gas, it seemed to cheer him up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long before Penfed reports to CRAs?  Also, when it reports, does it report just like a regular bank card?  
Message 34 of 53
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

PenFed reports to all three, and its VISA card is the same as any other credit card..usually after your first statement (preferably charge a small balance on it)
Message 35 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

penfed has a fever!!! denied by pedfed for pyramiding debt after closing $10,000 in revolving debt. i called penfed and asked how is it possible to pyramid when i closed accounts. the csr rep explained penfed considers balance transfers as pyramiding debt!! isn't that a bizarre statement? Have you spoken to a penfed rep lately? they are pushing 5.9% BT for life of the transfer!!

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 02-18-2008 02:28 PM
Message 36 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

update... i just checked my penfed account... it now says pending!! Wow... that was a fast reversal!

Message 37 of 53
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
update... i just checked my penfed account... it now says pending!! Wow... that was a fast reversal!

fingers crossed for ya!

I app'd with them first on purpose. I planned on getting a BT card (and did), and I didn't want them to get huffy.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 38 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
penfed has a fever!!! denied by pedfed for pyramiding debt after closing $10,000 in revolving debt. i called penfed and asked how is it possible to pyramid when i closed accounts. the csr rep explained penfed considers balance transfers as pyramiding debt!! isn't that a bizarre statement? Have you spoken to a penfed rep lately? they are pushing 5.9% BT for life of the transfer!!

So penfed considers balance transfers between OTHER BANKS to be pyramiding debt.

However, if you transfer to PENFED, it's a great opportunity!
Smiley Very Happy

5.9% doesn't sound that great to me.. Besides, I don't have any balances to transfer...
Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 gave me a 1.99% for life and a 0% for 6 months. why would i not bt accounts?
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.