Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree Credit Hit?

tag
Dis0314
Established Member

Spree Credit Hit?

I'm not big into a bunch of credit cards but have a few and after getting the run around with Cap1 (which thanks to everyone here the EO is hopefully taking good care of it) I went and applied for a few different cards. Something yall call a credit spree.

I was denied the Quicksilver, that was after a CLI denial and started this spree.

Then got approved for a Barclays rewards

and a denial at Citi

if I do a few more how bad of a hit will my credit take? 

It went down from 746 to 742 when Barclay added their trade line in today... that was fast.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Spree Credit Hit?

More information needed,  length of credit history, baddies, current cards, inquiries,  etc. Also are your scores fico or fako. In order to make a judgment call impossible without it.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 4
Dis0314
Established Member

I use myfico scorewatch service.

I have a long great history, 10 years or so. but a Bankruptcy that has already fallen off.

only bad thing I have is a mortgage has a 90 late back in 2007.

I do have 3 auto loans and two mortgages though.

Message 3 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

How old are your current cards and how many inquires. If you have all new cards and a bunch of inquiries you have a very good chance of being declined again. Each inquiry drops your score and your chances of being approved get slimmer with each app. It's also hard for people to suggest cards to get approved for when they don't know this information and the cards you have.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.