Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree results

tag
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

Spree results

My wife and I closed on our house, so I was finally able to go on a spree to get some better cards before gardening... Here's what I ended up with:

Amex BCE - $7k

Barclays UPromise Rewards - $350 (what?)

Amazon Rewards Visa - $5k

CSP - $10k

Pretty happy with the results, and definitely ready to stop while I'm ahead!

Any thoughts on what to do with my Capital One cards? I've had them for 3-5 years and haven't made much progress CL-wise, though I have a perfect payment history and use them responsibly. They both have AF (which they won't waive), so I'm considering just closing them out.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spree results

call backdoor on upromise and see what's up with that. they can recon limit instantly through that number.

capital one 800-955-1455 - call them and ask for a cli on all your accounts and upgrade to quicksilver and if you have any af for them to be waived... don't be afraid to ask for $5-7k+... they will counter.

Message 2 of 13
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

You need to contact CapOne executive office to get cli and annual fee waivers. Just search for the CEO email address. Most members including me had very good results with CapOne EO. Also you might want to try the new cli feature with CapOne online account. There is a post regarding how many members have reported successful cli.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 3 of 13
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 4 of 13
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I suggest emailing over calling.  Aim high - they will counteroffer if they feel what you are asking for is too high.  You should be able to get rid of the AFs too.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new TLs.  Yeah, that Barclays is anomalous.

Message 6 of 13
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Congrats on the new TLs.  Yeah, that Barclays is anomalous.

+1 Congrats,  I would definitely call if it is bothering you but it might be another HP for a CLI.

Message 7 of 13
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. Barclay doesn't pull again... They use the same tu repor for 30 days.
2. Why email to only be called by the line that I'm giving you... That is direct to exec office.
Message 9 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I think its safer to say Barclays may not pull again. Members have commented a second hp was required. They are not like Chase where it's almost a guaranteed hp.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.