Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreeing?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Spreeing?

what good mastercards are there by the way? The only good ones I can find are Chase CSP and Freedom (offered in both visa and MC), Citi Prestige, and maybe the Citi Diamond Prefered and Dividend Card. Everything else seems to be Visa or Amex.

If anyone can recommend some, let me know!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

+1 guys, i wasnt bashing capital one. as other poster stated, if you got approved for discover it, they should explore other cards. 

plus cap one pulls all three reports soo. 

i was guessing if the it was brand new, his aaoa would be 1.5 years. and i got approved for my freedom with about the same amount of aaoa. 

@op i would suggest pulling your reports from annualcreditreport dot com  too see if the cu(credit union) card is reporting too all three, also too make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

If you really want a MC here is the Freedom app link.  I love my Freedom card

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=DWXL&CELL=6H8X&AFFID=EhraRx8K_BE-A0_sd8kXj7i...

Message 13 of 16
TwistedAngel
New Contributor

Thank you for the link. We do have places around here that accept only VISA or only Discover, so I figured there would be places that only accept MC. Thats the only reason I want a MC version.

Credit Karma says my odds of getting a chase card with my current report are only "fair" (which my mind translates to don't bother because you have a thin file) but my odds of getting the Capital One Platinum Prestige are "Very Good" (Highest possible odds) which is why I asked about the capital one card.

Would it be a bad idea to get the Capital One Platinum Prestige card now, so that I don't have to worry about not having a card that somewhere will take (I do not ever carry cash with me and my bank does only VISA for credit and debit) and go for the chase card (which I want after looking at it) in one to two years when I go for the AMEX (I want the blue everyday, the one without an annual fee) and then sock-drawer the capital one card, keeping a monthly bill on it to keep it active but PIF each month or cancel the card if Capital One looks bad enough on my report to warrant taking that hit?

And what exactly is a "prime" card?

............11/10.......................03/13..........................11/14..........................03/15..........................03/15............
Message 14 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Credit karma "chances of approval" is not accurate. It says my chances of getting approved for freedom is low even when my ck score is 756. My actual Fico is 760ish for TU so it's not too different compared to CK score. I applied for freedom and was approved instantly.

Just look at credit karma review section to see users credit score when they are approved, and use other data sites such as who gave me credit and credit pull database.

Btw, are there any other good mc besides freedom and csp?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 16
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Depends on what you define as good and what you are looking for in a card.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.