Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Cleaning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spring Cleaning

The only card I ever plan on closing is my amex platinum, but that will only be done after it spends it's final year as a PRG Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 55
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
I am looking at ridding my QS and GM card, and overstock. Cap1 won't increase any of my cards so off they go. Overstock is more expensive than Amazon and since getting disco and Amex, I and finding deals that save money and get me points. If I chop them, I will have 9 cards. I want to focus on growing what I have and trim fat that doesn't not benefit me.

Cap1 must be doing pretty well with the GM card. So many people close their accounts without redeeming the rewards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 55
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Still on the fence about closing NFL and moving the CL to my jetBlue Plus. I know I will eventually, but maybe not this soon. 

Smiley Happy

Hey Bella, why are you thinking of getting rid of your NFL card? I was considering getting a Denver Broncos NFL card, but I don't think I'm going to do that after all.

Rams huh? Interesting. As long As it's NOT Raiders, we can Still be friends!😉

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Still on the fence about closing NFL and moving the CL to my jetBlue Plus. I know I will eventually, but maybe not this soon. 

Smiley Happy

Hey Bella, why are you thinking of getting rid of your NFL card? I was considering getting a Denver Broncos NFL card, but I don't think I'm going to do that after all.

Rams huh? Interesting. As long As it's NOT Raiders, we can Still be friends!😉

Hey grill! 

Honestly, as soon as I got the jetBlue, I started thinking I would close  the NFL and add the CL to the jetBlue, and then app for the NFL again to see if I could get the VS version. Thinking about it this morning, though, I think I've thrown that out there lately just because it was my original plan. However, and thank you for causing me to reassess/remember:

It has a 16.74% APR (lowered from the original 20.74%)

They gave me a generous SP $1000 CLI, and I can ask again in July.

I get double points when I pay my DirecTV bill with it, rent a movie, or buy NFL Sunday Ticket (which I'm on the fence about this year)

The 6 month 0% promotional interest for ticket purchases.

The 20% off at NFL Shop.

It's a solid good ole' Visa, and now that I have Chase Amazon and NFCU Cashrewards, I don't need another VS.

I've been a Rams fan since I was 8 years old, and have remained so from LA to St Louis and back to LA. DH is a Raiders fan, and I am a little bit too, Love Derek Carr, Khalil Mack, etc. And love the rebuilding they've been doing. Sorry! Smiley Happy And I'm just glad you aren't a 49ers fan, lol!

Message 24 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad I created this thread! Love seeing the positivity from everyone's post on trimming the fat! Smiley Very Happy
Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm closing th following;
Gettington and Fingerhut
Total visa
Credit one
Verve
Message 26 of 55
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

I'm strongly considering getting rid of my Walmart MC seeing as how I don't use it. Limit is only $1,500 (cut from $2400) so I won't be missing anything.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 27 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use mine to get cash without the fees and pay it off immediately before the statement cuts. It's somewhat useful. Started with 2400>4900>6000 it'll grow with slight usage... Apr is spooky, but it's useful, if you make it useful...
Message 28 of 55
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I closed the following on 4/20/17:

Fingerhut $600

Victoria Secret $350

Forever 21 $350

Kohls $300

Credit One $450

Considering closing the following: Amazon $3500, Walmart $3500, Belk $5000

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 29 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should keep the Amazon IMO...
Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.