Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Cleaning

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Spring Cleaning

Closed Brooks Brothers for reasons mentioned in the second post of this thread. Still thinking of closing Arrival.

The AF cards I mentioned have come in use with recent or upcoming travel, and I'll keep for now.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will be getting rid of Barclaycard Rewards (and it's 26%! APR) when I get the strength to call them. Will probably close or combine the chase cards when I pay them off (if I'm sucessful getting CLIs at discover and citi). Been really loving discover and citi lately with the lower APR love I've been getting.

Message 52 of 55
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Just closed my Crate & Barrel store card. Felt good!
Message 53 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good riddance to them! Good job y'all!
Message 54 of 55
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
^ Thanks for sharing! My BOFA card was my oldest one but there were too many things about it that just made me want to get rid of it. Here's the way I look at it.. It'll continue to report for 10 years and by then my other cards will have tons of history as well!

But the age of your oldest card won't be as old as it could've been! Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.