Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpringLeaf Financial

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: SpringLeaf Financial

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Its a 60 month term with up to 36 percent interest. It sucks but we can make the payments. Would it be worth doing it? We really need it, so we can move and get started. It should actually be paid off in about 4 years with the amount we can pay at 36 percent interest.

Man...36% is rough (ouch)! As others have said, try a CU before getting into a loan with such a high APR. I figure any CU can do better than that. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 131 of 133
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Its a 60 month term with up to 36 percent interest. It sucks but we can make the payments. Would it be worth doing it? We really need it, so we can move and get started. It should actually be paid off in about 4 years with the amount we can pay at 36 percent interest.

Man...36% is rough (ouch)! As others have said, try a CU before getting into a loan with such a high APR. I figure any CU can do better than that. The best of luck to you.

Read my last post. Its all been covered in this thread.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 132 of 133
coterotie
Established Contributor

Where is your doctoral program?  Sounded earlier like maybe Alabama.  You have until August so there is time.

Here is how I would accomplish it.  Between now and June, don't make any more applications, get a PFD on the medical collection if possible and get your GF a secured card.  In June sell everything you can in a garage sale.  By everything, I mean everything, winter clothes everything.  Put those proceeds on the secured card. 

By then you might be able to use the shopping cart trick at Sportsman's Visa.

Buy a tent and camping gear. Less than $500. All of the colleges that I know of in Alabama with doctoral programs have national or state parks really close by.  Hot showers, electrical hookups everything you need but air conditioning.  Unless you're coming to Mobile, you will only suffer for about the first couple of months.  As an example you can stay on the beach at Gulf Shores for $495/month all in.  Just a small reservation deposit which you will charge to the Credit card.

So you can do the move for about $900 and live for 6 months at 1/3 of what the apartment would cost.  By then your file will have aged and you should have no problems getting what you need.    Also by then you might have figured out a way to pick up something other than minimum wage jobs.  Temp jobs at the beach pay $20 an hour.  Bartending gigs in B'ham pay $20 an hour.

Message 133 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.