Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpringLeaf Financial

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: SpringLeaf Financial

Did you even call 1 of the private student loan lenders? I don't understand...private student loan issuers are there for a reason

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 41 of 133
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Yeah I got denied by discover as well. Sorry meant to include that. I didn't call anyone else, but it seems useless at this point.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 42 of 133
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Well guys, I got denied by my bank and two local credit unions. I couldn't refinance my car because it is exactly 7 years old, I won't be able to touch the Graduate Plus loans until after we get out there, and I have no family on my side or my wifes that can or are willing to help. Springleaf even denied me. Now I have a lower score and nothing to show for it. I have no idea what to do.

you need to come off this loan idea im sorry... and lower score? have you verified changes... just INQ's and no accounts I would doubt you would see much happen to your score.

you have NOTHING to loose now, you NEED to start applying for credit cards and make sure you do it in a proper order because of the INQ's... just keep applying right after another rather you get denied or further processing.

1. theduckcard.com

2. chase slate

3. discover it

4. bank of america 

5. citi simplicity or citi aa

6. chevron

Message 43 of 133
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Well guys, I got denied by my bank and two local credit unions. I couldn't refinance my car because it is exactly 7 years old, I won't be able to touch the Graduate Plus loans until after we get out there, and I have no family on my side or my wifes that can or are willing to help. Springleaf even denied me. Now I have a lower score and nothing to show for it. I have no idea what to do.

also what credit unions denied you and for what? a unsecured personal loan of $10k? did any of them give you your score and what report they pulled?

Message 44 of 133
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Yeah I got denied by discover as well. Sorry meant to include that. I didn't call anyone else, but it seems useless at this point.

Discover it denied you?

did you call them to recon?

Message 45 of 133
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

One Pull the TU with a 655. The other credit union Experian 683. And we tried $8k because they said they doubted I would be approved for $10k and I still got denied.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 46 of 133
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

One Pull the TU with a 655. The other credit union Experian 683. And we tried $8k because they said they doubted I would be approved for $10k and I still got denied.

what credit unions?

TU 655 should get you Barclay Rewards MC and Chevron

Message 47 of 133
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

what credit unions?

TU 655 should get you Barclay Rewards MC and Chevron

wouldn't be ideal because of the need to pay back in 30 days but American Express Gold Rewards Charge Card would probably approve you also.

Message 48 of 133
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Why do you need so much? App for less, then when you get there, take the graduate plus loans which you basically can't get denied for...my mom took one to finish her Psy.D with a BK 1 year old and was approved. Not hard.

I should also add that you should be trying for a card like Chase slate instead (what Creditaddict suggested), and when you call to recon, don't sound desperate, just say things like "I want to build a relationship with Chase (or Discover, or whoever). 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 49 of 133
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

I had applied for the Barclay card before and got denied. But Alabama Central Credit Union and Florence Federal Credit Union. I have not however applied for the Chevron card. We are going from $360 rent to $1000, plus a $1000 deposit, plus a $1350 Uhaul, Plus $600 in gas, Plus getting Utilities connected, Paying Phone Bill, Health and Car Insurance. We will need 5k minimum, but more was for a cushion because we will both be working minimum wage jobs. Thats why I was willing to go down to 8k, but still got denied.

Message 50 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.