cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St Patty's Day CC preferred choice?!

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: St Patty's Day CC preferred choice?!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hahha!! No...although many posters here will find any reason to app!! Lol
I'm def plotting my next app spree!!

Me too...  I am going to wait 6-12 months and get my current limits up before I app for anything else.

I would like to app for another AMEX for the back dating but also need something that gets me multiple points on gas, between two cards and a boat I spend a TON on gas.

I also like to only have a couple award partners as i don't want to spread out the points too thin.  So maybe a Chase Freedom and upgrade my green to the PRG?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 21 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I love my Freedom card! Ive been getting like $30-50 bucks a month in cashback! I use it exclusively in the 5% cashback cats.
I want CSP, an Amex charge card(for backdating so it doesn't look newly opened) ... And maybe one other Amex revolver!
Ive never actually app'ed for three cards at once using that browser trick everyone talks about. I should probably try that. I hope the sign up bonuses are a little sweeter towards the end of the year too!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 33
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

Wouldn't the Amex Green card be a better choice? Smiley Wink

hmmm...I don't think so...If I use my green card, I just get 1 Point per dollar whereas I get 2 points per dollar with the CSP. Is there something SECRET that i'm missing on my Green card that I don't know about? lol

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 23 of 33
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:
Just used my CSP. Funny. The waitress held my hard for a long time and said this is a very nice card, not too many people have it.

She held your WHAT?!?! Smiley Tongue

Now THATS some service worthy of a tip! 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 24 of 33
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@2011beginnings wrote:
Just used my CSP. Funny. The waitress held my hard for a long time and said this is a very nice card, not too many people have it.

She held your WHAT?!?! Smiley Tongue

Now THATS some service worthy of a tip! 

HAHAHAHAHA! Wow, I didn't even catch that myself...lol. However, can't argue with that.hahaha.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 25 of 33
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

You dudes are frickin clowns man, lmao. 

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 26 of 33
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I love my Freedom card! Ive been getting like $30-50 bucks a month in cashback! I use it exclusively in the 5% cashback cats.
I want CSP, an Amex charge card(for backdating so it doesn't look newly opened) ... And maybe one other Amex revolver!
Ive never actually app'ed for three cards at once using that browser trick everyone talks about. I should probably try that. I hope the sign up bonuses are a little sweeter towards the end of the year too!

That's what I was thinking with the Freedom Card, I already have the Discover IT but I would perfer to rack up UR points as opposed to straight Cash Back.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 27 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bahahhahaha@pilot dude.

So much for pullin' out softly per a previos thread.

Yeah, the UR points get an extra 10 points per swipe.
They can be used as cash though. In fact, I just have them deposited as cash into my checking account each month. It takes Chase 2-3 business days to process it, and then BAM; I have my cash back. I have Chase College Checking. I got $35.21 last month!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 33
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Bahahhahaha@pilot dude.

So much for pullin' out softly per a previos thread.

Yeah, the UR points get an extra 10 points per swipe.
They can be used as cash though. In fact, I just have them deposited as cash into my checking account each month. It takes Chase 2-3 business days to process it, and then BAM; I have my cash back. I have Chase College Checking. I got $35.21 last month!

I'm pretty sure the extra 10 points per swipe is going away in the next month or so, and it was only for Chase customers with a checking account.

I'm wanting to get the 5 point per dollar on gas and then transfer the points over to my CSP UR account and use them on united for airfae to asia! Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ahh!! That sucks! It's bc people here were playing the system! Oh well! I wanna try to EO for a soft pull CLI on my Freedom once I get ot paid down. It's my only nearly maxxed out card at like $4600/5000 lol!
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.