Valued Contributor

Re: Standard Penfed Card to a EMV Chip Card

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Did this in Feb.  They close down the current TL and give a new TL with the same history including card #.

So it's a new TL?

They just transfer all your info to the new card #. Like a card that has been lost

Exactly.  Just updated previous post to reflect it is a new card #.

My card was mailed out on the 25th so i will update you BS.

That would reset your gardening date Oooops sorry broSmiley Sad

It doesn't matter.........I will have the same history and will not affect my credit score and it wasn't a HP. So you are telling me when people lose or have there card stolen it's a New TL when they replace the card with the same open date and all it's history ????

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 36
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Did this in Feb.  They close down the current TL and give a new TL with the same history including card #.

So it's a new TL?

They just transfer all your info to the new card #. Like a card that has been lost

It doesn't matter.........I will have the same history and will not affect my credit score and it wasn't a HP. So you are telling me when people lose or have there card stolen it's a New TL when they replace the card with the same open date and all it's history ????

I feel like if it were a replacement card (stolen or what not) then this would apply...

*The Garden Club community recognizes that certain inquiries are necessary for factors beyond those listed above. Therefore, Hard Pulls/Inquiries for the following bona fide reasons are exempt but not limited to: Opening checking/savings accounts (so long as no line of credit is being opened in addition to these accounts), Employment Applications, Apartment Rentals, Utilities and other such services. These are not considered to be applications for credit per se.

Edit: I know this really only applies to HPs, but I feel this is halfway between the necessary stuff and the backdated Amex clause

Message 12 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

So it's a new TL?

I mean no harm but you didn't lose a card you request a new type of card and the lender changes the TL Lol

I don't make the GC rules 

Your call ....sorry I brought it up 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 36
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

So it's a new TL?

I feel like if it were a replacement card (stolen or what not) then this would apply...

*The Garden Club community recognizes that certain inquiries are necessary for factors beyond those listed above. Therefore, Hard Pulls/Inquiries for the following bona fide reasons are exempt but not limited to: Opening checking/savings accounts (so long as no line of credit is being opened in addition to these accounts), Employment Applications, Apartment Rentals, Utilities and other such services. These are not considered to be applications for credit per se.

Edit: I know this really only applies to HPs, but I feel this is halfway between the necessary stuff and the backdated Amex clause

what would apply ??? A new TL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

So it's a new TL?

IMHO it applies to this 

No new tradelines of any type on one's accounts (this includes backdated Amex accounts, as they are STILL new "seedlings").
No HPs for anything that would allow for the possibility of a new tradeline being issued or increasing the CL of an existing tradeline.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 36
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

So it's a new TL?

what would apply ??? A new TL

I meant that if the card was lost or stolen then the clause about neccessary HPs would apply (trade HP for new TL) and would not effect the gardening status

Message 16 of 36
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Problem solved Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Yeah that's what i was thinking it would be a new card #. Let me ask you this, when did the new card # show up on your online account????

Maybe the CSR told me wrong :smileyfrustrated:

I actually went about 2 weeks with both CCs on my account.  Was hoping they might forget, but no luck.  Just went back and looked at my CR and the middle 4 numbers of the card # changed.  Everything else stayed the same.

EDIT:  Reviewed my statements and the last 8 digits are changed, so completely new card #.  Apologize for the misinformation.

I did this in Feb 2013, and I still have both lines open and reporting.  They were very messed up in the process at that point, so not to surprising, but I did get a brand new 20K TL without an app, so that's good!

Message 18 of 36
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Yeah that's what i was thinking it would be a new card #. Let me ask you this, when did the new card # show up on your online account????

Maybe the CSR told me wrong :smileyfrustrated:

I actually went about 2 weeks with both CCs on my account.  Was hoping they might forget, but no luck.  Just went back and looked at my CR and the middle 4 numbers of the card # changed.  Everything else stayed the same.

EDIT:  Reviewed my statements and the last 8 digits are changed, so completely new card #.  Apologize for the misinformation.

I did this in Feb 2013, and I still have both lines open and reporting.  They were very messed up in the process at that point, so not to surprising, but I did get a brand new 20K TL without an app, so that's good!

Hey man, you can't beat that ... Congrats.   

PS: let me ask you this, when did your new card # show up on your account page ???

Message 19 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

Hey man, you can't beat that ... Congrats.   

PS: let me ask you this, when did your new card # show up on your account page ???

A little too long to remember exactly, but certainly not long.  For the next several weeks, I was watching the account page expecting the old one to go away, till I realized that just wasn't happening.  Some things were a little screwy, I couldn't submit an on-line travel notification, but when I called, they asked if I wanted it on one or both accounts, which reassured me nothing was flagged in the system.

But it sounds like their act is more together now!

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.