Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks = Freedom 5% Bonus!

tag
growing123
Regular Contributor

Starbucks = Freedom 5% Bonus!

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just noticed that Chase gave me the 5% bonus for coffee at Starbucks!  I wasn't sure if this was considered 'dining'. 

Now if they could just give me an auto CLI, all would be good! Smiley Wink

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starbucks = Freedom 5% Bonus!

Starbucks was last quarter. Did you make the puchase after April 1st? Maybe it is dining...I may have to try.

Message 2 of 24
growing123
Regular Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Starbucks was last quarter. Did you make the puchase after April 1st? Maybe it is dining...I may have to try.

Yes, I make the purchase every morning Smiley Happy  Just a regular coffee though...$1.89

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a coffee drinker...but a caramel apple cider would do the trick.

Message 4 of 24
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, I wonder if it would also count if I reload my Starbucks gold card with the Freedom? I'm not missing out on my free drink after a dozen purchases. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@itgirl74 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if it would also count if I reload my Starbucks gold card with the Freedom? I'm not missing out on my free drink after a dozen purchases. Smiley Happy

It works through the app as well. I tried it the other day and got the 5%.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure it counts as a restaurant this quarter.
Message 7 of 24
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@itgirl74 wrote:

It works through the app as well. I tried it the other day and got the 5%.

Good to know. Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - I can confirm Starbucks is considered dining and posting the 5% bonus this quarter.  I have lots of proof on my statement Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't sure it counted with auto reload. I cancelled my auto reload and bought a $100 GC in store to divvy up among our cards. Can someone confirm specifically if auto reloads work for 5% in restaurant quarter?
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.