Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Credit Line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting Credit Line

The personalized offer was for Miles. They still match after the first year.
Message 11 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im not sure Donny, they have been giving out better sl these days than cli. Just a heads up im not sure if its all of Discover or just me but i just logged in to find they are saying suspicious activity and my account or card may have been compromised so they are sending out a new card with new account number. Heads up and good luck if you go for the DiscoSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC. I will have my DW check her Discover account online right now.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW's account is fine.
Message 14 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah ok thats good, Irish says it may have been on my card . I just got off the phone with Disco and apparently somewhere i may have used it , though it was reported yesterday, there may have been a data breach and they procatively closed my account and issued a new one.

Again, best of luck Donny on your decisionSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah ok thats good, Irish says it may have been on my card . I just got off the phone with Disco and apparently somewhere i may have used it , though it was reported yesterday, there may have been a data breach and they procatively closed my account and issued a new one.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thanks, bud.

Message 16 of 23
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'll place my bet on $10,000 or a little below. You didn't mention your current utilization. That may or may not have an effect.

Message 17 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No. I don't need a huge SL. I was hoping 10k.

And I'm pretty sure they pull Equifax, which is my lowest score. My AAOA's is only 1.8 months on there. For some reason my paid mortgage dropped off Equifax last year.

But still reports on the other two. Paid off in 2015. It's weird.

No baddies totally clean files.

Discover pulled Experian for me in 2016; that would be your best-case scenario.  Uhmmm, is that 1.8 months AAOA a typo?!  I can't fathom that being correct.  I'm going with $8-12k for a SL; they do seem to be getting bigger now, but taking away the generosity from those of us that already have the cards.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I'll place my bet on $10,000 or a little below. You didn't mention your current utilization. That may or may not have an effect.

It's in my siggy. 6%.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. I don't need a huge SL. I was hoping 10k.

And I'm pretty sure they pull Equifax, which is my lowest score. My AAOA's is only 1.8 months on there. For some reason my paid mortgage dropped off Equifax last year.

But still reports on the other two. Paid off in 2015. It's weird.

No baddies totally clean files.

Discover pulled Experian for me in 2016; that would be your best-case scenario.  Uhmmm, is that 1.8 months AAOA a typo?!  I can't fathom that being correct.  I'm going with $8-12k for a SL; they do seem to be getting bigger now, but taking away the generosity from those of us that already have the cards.

Maybe it's a typo with Equifax, but that's what it is, transunion and Experian are 2.1 years.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.