cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

Established Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

^+1 same here too. 6 cards in 3 months with CLs ranging from 300 to 9000. 

 

This is common for semi-prime folks who have a 620 to 680 FICO and are borderline approvals with recons involved. 

 

Eventually they will all grow and catch up to one another. Just keep up the good work.

AMEX SPG $30K | Citi TY Premier $20k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclay Arrival+ 40k | Chase Freedom $20k | BofA AMEX $15k | Discover IT $20k | | NASA Platinum-Advantage $20k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k |

My Journey from Sub-600s:
Message 11 of 19
Super Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00


Jlu wrote:

^+1 same here too. 6 cards in 3 months with CLs ranging from 300 to 9000. 

 

This is common for semi-prime folks who have a 620 to 680 FICO and are borderline approvals with recons involved. 

 

Eventually they will all grow and catch up to one another. Just keep up the good work.


Especially those GE cards. I've seen people go from like $150 to like $999,999,999.99 in like...a year Smiley Tongue I exaggerate but their CLI policy is pretty bangin Smiley Very Happy 

Message 12 of 19
New Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

I agree about the GE comment; happens moreso with my WalMart card. I've had it for 13 months, started with $600>>$800>>$2000>>currently at $3000. THANK YOU GE!

EX -682
EQ -658
TU -663
Message 13 of 19
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

For the (GE) cards, is it better to initiate a CLI after the 4th statement cuts or wait for them to send you love?  I think at this point, I now have a good foundation to build into prime territory by the end of next year.  

EX 638 (Lender 9/1) TA 650(Walmart 9/1) EQ 655 (FICO - 9/17)
Goal - 700 Club in '13!!!

My Wallet - Cap 1 - $300. Cap 1 - $750. Orchard - $950.
New as of 8/29 - Target - $3000. Barclay's - $2000. Merrick - $1000. Walmart $600. And as of 9/22 - JCP $200.
Message 14 of 19
Mega Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00


creditdreamera wrote:

I agree about the GE comment; happens moreso with my WalMart card. I've had it for 13 months, started with $600>>$800>>$2000>>currently at $3000. THANK YOU GE!


Very nice!!! I'm hoping in Nov. I can break the 3K mark with mine, maybe even a Discover upgrade offer!

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 19
Mega Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00


pozativelyliving wrote:

For the (GE) cards, is it better to initiate a CLI after the 4th statement cuts or wait for them to send you love?  I think at this point, I now have a good foundation to build into prime territory by the end of next year.  


Definitely request it every 4 months, they will auto CLI but its not a guarantee.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
Frequent Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

From my GE app spree a couple of weeks ago. All apps within 1 hour online, the order below is the order I app'd:

 

Walmart $1000

Lowe's $500

Amazon $800

JCP $200

 

Seems JCP is probably the one that tends to start with the lowest limit based on what mine was compared to the others, as well as what I've been reading here about starting JCP limits. Then again, maybe they were just tired of me applying by the time the JCP rolled around.

 

Each card has a specific purpose--the JCP will probably only ever be used at CVS, but maybe if the limit grows I'll use it for re-decorating my daughter's room. But $200 just isn't going to cut it with a 14 year old girl LOL.

BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $18,700 /Citi Double Cash $18,600 / Barclaycard Rewards $8,900 / CapOne Platinum $7,450 / BofA BankAmericard Visa $6,500 / Discover It $5,300 / Chase Freedom $1,500 / Lowe's $20,000 / JCP MC $6,500
Message 17 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00

Well when I first started applying for cards...I got CapOne at $500--now $750 and Macy's at $100 (yes...$100)--now at $1,000. LMAO. Looking at other user's starting limits, I think it's fair to say JCP was being generous. LOL

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Starting Limits All Over The Place - JCP $200.00


jsucool76 wrote:

Jlu wrote:

^+1 same here too. 6 cards in 3 months with CLs ranging from 300 to 9000. 

 

This is common for semi-prime folks who have a 620 to 680 FICO and are borderline approvals with recons involved. 

 

Eventually they will all grow and catch up to one another. Just keep up the good work.


Especially those GE cards. I've seen people go from like $150 to like $999,999,999.99 in like...a year Smiley Tongue I exaggerate but their CLI policy is pretty bangin Smiley Very Happy 


Yes it is!!! The key is good usage, they wont give you big CLI's without good usage.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 19