Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Over with CC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting Over with CC's

Not to make this a long story but I've gone through a rough couple of years recently. My credit has been pounded but surprisingly my score (624) is better then I thought it would be. Historically, I have not really bird-dogged my credit like I should have. But times are changing....

So after running some FICO simulators they recommend the best course of action (outside of cleaning up my report) is to get a CC, or a few based on what I've read in the forums. I do not currently have any CCs and I suspect that I might even have to get a secured card. Is there a recommended website that I can go to to compare CCCs?

Any advise would be helpful...thx mucho

p.s. I feel like I'm reading rap lyrics with all the acronyms on the forums haha.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Starting Over with CC's

Capital One

Household Bank

Macy's - apply in store 

Message 2 of 6
jdsays
Contributor

I know what you mean...I still have trouble with all the acronyms!  Down with OPP??  LOL

So anyway...Im in a similar situation...trying to clean up a mess from 5 years ago when I was in college...

I was approved for Orchard Bank a couple months back with a score around 600...but they have a relatively high fee. 

I recently got Capital One with 0% interest for 6 mos and a $39 annual fee...and that was with a 630ish score...so you definitely have a shot, try those before resorting to a secured.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the advice guys. I'll look into those first.

Word....

Message Edited by Greenday on 05-28-2009 03:22 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Greenday wrote:

Not to make this a long story but I've gone through a rough couple of years recently. My credit has been pounded but surprisingly my score (624) is better then I thought it would be. Historically, I have not really bird-dogged my credit like I should have. But times are changing....

So after running some FICO simulators they recommend the best course of action (outside of cleaning up my report) is to get a CC, or a few based on what I've read in the forums. I do not currently have any CCs and I suspect that I might even have to get a secured card. Is there a recommended website that I can go to to compare CCCs?

Any advise would be helpful...thx mucho

p.s. I feel like I'm reading rap lyrics with all the acronyms on the forums haha.

Guide to Common Abbreviations Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.