cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting out with Cap 1

tag

Starting out with Cap 1

I know this is an older forum but I wanted to say you provided excellent advice. I am following these instruction in building my own credit. Recently, all my bad stuff fell off (over 7 years old) so now I have no credit. I am starting out with my Capital One Platinum and taking it from there. Building credit takes time, its not like you can jump in the cage with the big dogs when your just a 6 month old puppy.

OP,

I started a new thread for you for better exposure

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: TOP 5 MUST HAVE CREDIT CARDS

@JerseyGirl1984 wrote:

I know this is an older forum but I wanted to say you provided excellent advice. I am following these instruction in building my own credit. Recently, all my bad stuff fell off (over 7 years old) so now I have no credit. I am starting out with my Capital One Platinum and taking it from there. Building credit takes time, its not like you can jump in the cage with the big dogs when your just a 6 month old puppy.

I am glad you are on the road to sucess

Message 2 of 6
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting out with Cap 1

Congrats on your new card with Cap1 and on getting a fresh start!  

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 6
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Yes, congrats and best of luck on your journey!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the support. This is one of my favorite forums on the web, you guys support and educate people in the right direction. It means alot to those who are really trying to do the right thing.
Message 5 of 6
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

I too started with the Capital One Platinum as a new starting point.  Congratulations and I wish you greater success.   Keep us posted on your progress.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.