Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting the Next Phase of my rebuild!

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Starting the Next Phase of my rebuild!

Starting the next phase of my rebuild now that I am 5years post BK.

Closed

1. Closed Synchrony Blue Nile Card - Used for 2 specific purchases only and took advantage of zero APR 12 mo offer.

2. Closed Barclay Ring Card -Never Used.

3. Closing Barclay Aviator once 60 k miles post to my AA Account. Will then transfer CL to the Arrival + card. Only got this card for the bonus.

4. Closed AX Everyday Card - was not using as I have the AX BCP which I use a lot.

5. PC Venture to Venture One. Was going to close until they came out with the Hotels. Com 10x reward  schedule. I am a Hotels.com Silver member so this will work great for me and I can avoid the AF. This is my last remainng Cap One CC.

6. Closed my Pen Fed Power Rewards card. I transferred the CL to my Plat Rewards card which I frequently use.

7. Closed my Cathay Pacific (Synchrony Visa) card. Not worth the AF. Only got this card for the bonus (second time).

8. Will close my newest Discover Card once the double cash back promo expires in September.  Have a second Discover card that I will keep open for the rotating categories.

9. Will close Blispay. Like the card but simply am not using it so much anymore.

OPENED

1. Approved for the AX SPG card which I will keep open. Curious to see how much longer this card will last.

2. Approved for the AX Hilton Honors Ascend Card

I am pre-approved for the AX Plat Card and am simply waiting in hope that I can find a 100k offer. The current offer is for 60k. My wife previously had the card and I was an AU however I am eligible for a one time bonus.  Also planning on applying for the new AX Marriott card once it comes out (depending on the structure). 

I spoke with a SR UW from CHASE Bank regarding my getting other CHASE cards. I currently only have the Amazon Prime. She stated that once my inquires / new accouts fall off / age I should have no problem getting approved. Told me that my BK should no longer be an issue.  CITI has been a no go except for the Costco Visa and SEARS card. I use the Costco every month. I closed the SEARS card as Sears is going out of business in Anchorage.  So far I am back in with BofA, AX, Comentity Synchrony, Barclay, Cap One, NFCU, PFCU  and a couple other smaller banks.  CITI and CHASE are still a tough nut to crack. US BANK is also tough although they only have one card I would be interested in. My available credit is around 225k but will go down slightly due to my closing some cards.  My wife is going to hold off on applying for awhile so she can get under the CHASE 5/24 rule. Would like for her to get the Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred card and maybe a couple other CHASE products that fall under that rule. I will be an AU on those cards.

Thanks again to MYFICO for making this a pleasant journey and providing lots of great advice.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Starting the Next Phase of my rebuild!

My best wishes for continued success morgacjSmiley Happy. You've done amazing and its been a pleasure reading your journeySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks Average Joe for the kind words!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such a great journey! How exciting it is to reach that next stage Smiley Happy Good luck on all plans in the future, make sure to keep us updated!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.