Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to not like Discover...

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Starting to not like Discover...

I charged $400 something dollars to my Discover card this period. My statement closed around $425. Payment is not due until mid November. I made a few more charges on it since getting the statement probably around 80 bucks. Discover has reported my current balance at $505 rather than my statement balance. Last month I had a $10 balance that I paid before the statement cut and Discover still reported it after the period closed and it was paid. I recieved no statement that month due to having a $0 balance. I've never had a credit card company do this to me before. Is this normal?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

yes it's normal for 

Bank of America
Barclays
Capital One
Discover
Elan
GEMB
HSBC
UMB 

or more. thank god I still got this on my copy and paste memory LOL

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

So far, I haven't had a problem with GE doing this to me. It's just been Discover that's been getting me. I don't understand why they don't report the statement balance like everyone else? Even CAP1 does that!

Message 3 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

I don't have a Discover card but that's never happened with any of my other cards. Seems kinda odd to me. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 28
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

I don't have a Discover card but that's never happened with any of my other cards. Seems kinda odd to me. Smiley Happy

wow nice layout

Message 5 of 28
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

For those with Discover, are they reporting real time?  So if you make a payment tomorrow, will that be reflected?  If not, how are they deciding when to report a decrease?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

wow nice layout

Thanks Smiley Happy All started with that Capital One that at the time had a $500 Limit.

Message 7 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

wow nice layout

Thanks Smiley Happy All started with that Capital One that at the time had a $500 Limit.

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

wow nice layout

How the hell did you get a $10,000 credit limit increase on a Capital One Platinum? LMAO and No Zync? ;\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

wow nice layout

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

wow nice layout

How the hell did you get a $10,000 credit limit increase on a Capital One Platinum? LMAO and No Zync? ;\

Well I was stuck on the $500 limit fromt he time I opened the card. Called up after I got the Amex's and saaid I would never use it agian unless I got a CLI. They asked me what I wanted I said 10,000 they said I would hear back with-in 7 days. 5 Days later I loged in and see the new limit. Also I never got a Zync because of the fact if they give you the $500 limit you cant get other cards. Did not want to take the chance at the time. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I was hoping someone would post more info about this Discover thing if they are having the same issue?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.