Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Well I was stuck on the $500 limit fromt he time I opened the card. Called up after I got the Amex's and saaid I would never use it agian unless I got a CLI. They asked me what I wanted I said 10,000 they said I would hear back with-in 7 days. 5 Days later I loged in and see the new limit. Also I never got a Zync because of the fact if they give you the $500 limit you cant get other cards. Did not want to take the chance at the time. Smiley Happy


LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


maiden_girl wrote:

I was hoping someone would post more info about this Discover thing if they are having the same issue?


It's nothing new they post it whenever they want. This is why I avoid Discover, now that I have 50k in credit limits I'll think about them now Smiley Tongue


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Member
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎09-17-2012
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


distantarray wrote:

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Well I was stuck on the $500 limit fromt he time I opened the card. Called up after I got the Amex's and saaid I would never use it agian unless I got a CLI. They asked me what I wanted I said 10,000 they said I would hear back with-in 7 days. 5 Days later I loged in and see the new limit. Also I never got a Zync because of the fact if they give you the $500 limit you cant get other cards. Did not want to take the chance at the time. Smiley Happy


LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy


I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Member
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎09-17-2012
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


distantarray wrote:

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy


I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol


Well I'm hoping for a 61 day CLI thats coming up really soon.

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...


twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy


I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol


Well I'm hoping for a 61 day CLI thats coming up really soon.


lol are you going to go for the 3x? I'm kinda scared cause my opening limit was $5,500 I don't want to go through a FR but it'll still be lower than my Navy Platinum


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,070
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

OP, did you do anything like change address, add AU, ask for CLI, etc.?  I'm interested in this practice by Discover.  I've done a quick search (by no means exhaustive) of other threads and the ones I was seeing had people stating they had done something with their account to trigger the mid-cycle report.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 599
Registered: ‎03-10-2012
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

Had no problems thus far wIth discover. I had a statement close the 25th at zero and a new charge right after. Zero got reported.

Also no probs with boa gecrb or cap1 when i had one. Only time it happens with boa is when i make an account change, which maKes total sense so i have no issue there.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Established Member
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎09-17-2012
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

[ Edited ]

distantarray wrote:

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

twelfthjoe2 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink


I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy


I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol


Well I'm hoping for a 61 day CLI thats coming up really soon.


lol are you going to go for the 3x? I'm kinda scared cause my opening limit was $5,500 I don't want to go through a FR but it'll still be lower than my Navy Platinum


Yep. If they FR me I'm not to worried. I did not give any fake info on my apps. So ya ill go for the 3x and see. 

Blogger
Posts: 3,367
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

If you guys have any tips on getting Discover to report your statement please let me know. I'm having trouble with Discover not reporting to the credit bureaus. I've been checking my credit reports everyday; my Discover account is still not recorded yet. I opened the card almost a month ago. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.