cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starwood Amex + Delta Skymiles best friends forever?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Starwood Amex + Delta Skymiles best friends forever?

Just wanted to note incase you guys didn't hear, they just became best friends forever lol

use a starwood or delta card at either companies and you'll get delta skymiles + starwood points for a nice double dip in points =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Starwood Amex + Delta Skymiles best friends forever?

USA Today writes about this could potentially spur other such programs:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/hotelcheckin/2013/02/07/starwood-hotels-delta-air-lines-announce-first...
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

All I think is.... WHAT TOOK THEM SO Dang LONG?

it's common sense Hotels + Travel they book it on every travel site together why not get people incentives to stay with eachother ? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Any ideas who might pair off with who next? I'm guessing United & Hyatt, given their links with Chase and the recent 50k United bonus miles given to Hyatt Diamond members.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Any ideas who might pair off with who next? I'm guessing United & Hyatt, given their links with Chase and the recent 50k United bonus miles given to Hyatt Diamond members.

I would say either Hyatt or Mariott , Mariott would probably be better for most flyers since it's a much bigger and diverse chain, they even own Ritz Carlton. And Chase has a deep connection with Mariott from the number of cards alone.  Personally I think it sucks since Delta is the worst airline for rewards in the United States, and Starwood being my favorite hotel chain.... ALMOST makes me want to fly Delta but nope since their skymiles are terrible.

Message 5 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I would say either Hyatt or Mariott , Mariott would probably be better for most flyers since it's a much bigger and diverse chain, they even own Ritz Carlton. And Chase has a deep connection with Mariott from the number of cards alone.  Personally I think it sucks since Delta is the worst airline for rewards in the United States, and Starwood being my favorite hotel chain.... ALMOST makes me want to fly Delta but nope since their skymiles are terrible.

If they paired with Marriott, I couldn't be happier. I'm Marriott gold so hopefully there'd be something decent available. 

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Does flying on delta now with delta card get you Starwood points? Or is it just Starwood gets you delta miles?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

I was on the fence about my next travel card....this makes the SPG even more enticing.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 8 of 12
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I thought this was only for Travel, EX. if you traveled on delta you would get SPG points.... or if you stayed at an SPG hotel you would get delta miles

so do you actually get points for both if spending on a Delta AMEX?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 9 of 12
djrez4
Established Contributor

Simmer down there, campers.

Read the fine print.  You have to have elite status with them to earn points on both programs.  Starwood Gold/Platinum or Delta Gold/Platinum/Diamond.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.