Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Farm Targeted Mailer, 0.9% APR for 24 months, $0 balance transfer fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Farm Targeted Mailer, 0.9% APR for 24 months, $0 balance transfer fee

Got this target mailer last week. Seems like a pretty good deal if they issue good starting limits. Anyone have experience with it?

This offer is nothing like their Web offers. https://www.statefarm.com/finances/banking/credit-cards/state-farm-rewards-visa
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: State Farm Targeted Mailer, 0.9% APR for 24 months, $0 balance transfer fee

State Farm bank usually pulls TU fico 08 bankcard credit score. They are pretty conservative and inquiry sensitive. But your TU looks strong and you got targeted offer. Not sure about the credit lines they give though. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

State Farm bank usually pulls TU fico 08 bankcard credit score. They are pretty conservative and inquiry sensitive. But your TU looks strong and you got targeted offer. Not sure about the credit lines they give though. 

This is very helpful, thank you. The offer expires 4/30 so I have some time to think. Only 2 inq on TU remaining. I assume they're similar to other lenders in that you can request a HP CLI on day of app and get inquiries combined? Card wouldn't be useful with a limit below $10k.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

This is very helpful, thank you. The offer expires 4/30 so I have some time to think. Only 2 inq on TU remaining. I assume they're similar to other lenders in that you can request a HP CLI on day of app and get inquiries combined? Card wouldn't be useful with a limit below $10k.

No, they do not combine inquiries in the event you apply and request a CLI (you could possibly see whethey they can reconsider the SL in the event it may be "low" but don't get your hopes up).  Individuals with high scores >790 (or 800+) would get decent starting lines, anyone else would likely get anywhere from 2K-6K.  Choose wisely and look into the credit pulls DB to get some perspective for your specific scenario.  They're pretty conservative.

Message 4 of 5
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

I've had their card for about two years. Started with $2,500 limit and still the same. I can't complain, never have had any issues.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.