Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stategic Default, Settlement or BK? Please help me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stategic Default, Settlement or BK? Please help me

And you want to buy a house  in 4 years?

I don't quite get it.  You have good score and are paying everyone

and you have extra cash.  I guess I missed something.???????

I did BK and it finally fell off after a very long 10 years.  Terrible

experience. 

Message 21 of 22
HopeMission
Regular Contributor

Re: Stategic Default, Settlement or BK? Please help me

I know it’s a long thread but through out my sob story I indicated how dear wife isnt going to pay what I was awarded in court after very short marriage.  Im just concentrating on the 40K responsibility and see there is help out there that would be far better than shouldering this entire burdon on my own for 4yrs… only to end up broke with a great score.  I mentioned how I have learned how money speaks louder to than great scores to lenders for a 1st home.  10K was borrowed from fam at low interest rate in hopes I could negotiate to bring down the debt with it. 

I still feel lost but think im on the right track for me.

From what I have learned I think lawyers and DMP services aren’t for me.

I should offer to pay off the 8K card in full now…to motivate BofA to hopefully work with me take some $ off the 32K card.

If BofA continues to not budge, I think I should continue to try negotiating while sitting for 180 days till CO.

?  I would love to hear any predictions projections based on my picture Smiley Wink

Ex 673 | Eq 665 | 665 TU (10-9-18)
Filed BK7: 11/2014 (start score TU 749) Discharge 4/2015 578 TU

$11,500 Cap1 Spark | $7,000 Cap1 QS | $5,500 Barclay | $500 Secured card w/ Western Fed CU | $3,000 Un-Secured Fry’s First Electronic Bank | Macy's 3,500 | Disc 11,500 | $100 Un-Secured Share Loan | all Util under 3%
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.